MiniCreeVN

Capolini

Banned
This light deserves a Thread! It was my First light that I got on November 24th, 2012! It was called a MINICREE by the dealer who sold it to me.! A Sipik Clone?! It started the road to my infancy of Flashaholicism and it guided Capo[a puppy] and I down the trails!

Now it is transformed and it is really amazing! I got it "VN'd and it arrived today! The light is only 3 1/2" long! I was confident it could reach my target tonight,it did with EASE! That target was 400m/439yds which is 40Kcd. It lit up the White smoke stack with ease! I think this light is 50Kcd/447M/488YDS OR MORE!

I do not think 55Kcd is out of the question! 55Kcd would be 469m/512yds.

The light also has a beautiful XPG2 PDTc LED that manufactures a splendid tint! I believe my MiniCreeVN is the leader of its class for Two reasons.

1.Vinh modded it
2.I don't think anyone has one but me! lol!

HERE ARE SOME BEFORE AND AFTER PICTURES AND THEN THE GOOGLE EARTH TEST SIGHT PICTURE:

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

MINICREE/SIPIK CLONE ORIGINAL W/ XR-E LED SINGLE MODE~300L/200Yds. Throw W/ ICR 14500

Mini%20Cree.Sipik%20001_zpshdhicpqe.jpg

Mini%20Cree.Sipik%20007_zpsgjhzkxbq.jpg

AFTER:

XPG2 PDTc DD/SINGLE MODE. ~600L W/IMR 14500.SHED USEABLE LIGHT FROM 565M/617Y/80Kcd:thumbsup:

MiniCreeVN%20001_zpsk0kyrqxn.jpg

MiniCreeVN%20003_zpswckzp6yz.jpg

The target is a White smoke stack. 400M/439YDS AWAY [40Kcd]

MiniCreeVN_zpspc4pt7vp.jpg

GREAT JOB VINH! ;)

Last edited:

Capolini

Banned
Thanks Guys,there is MORE!

After further contemplation there is NO doubt in my mind after seeing how much illumination this shed from 400M/439Yds[40Kcd] that it would certainly make it to 469M/512Yds[55Kcd] and probably make it to 489M/535Yds.[60Kcd]!

I am serious here! I think this little power booster can rival my TX25C2vn V3 XPG2 DD/SINGLE MODE Torch which is ~70Kcd/529M/578Yds.Two different types and sized lights.

I am going to find a clear shot from ~535Yds. to the CELL TOWER Where I tested my TK61vn V4.

As far as run time goes I get 9 minutes[3.74v] of awesome output followed by 6 more minutes[15 min=3.56v] of decent output.I can tell you it handles heat very well. Last night was 80F and I was able to run it 7 minutes without heat being an issue. At that point it actually slowly cools down as capacity diminishes.I also change batteries at that point because I like MAX output continuously!

I am using Efest IMR 14500 700mah and a Windyfire IMR 14500 600mAh! Let me tell you something about that Windyfire! When I heard that name of course I thought of the crappy Ultrafire/Trustfire ect. It is far from that and rated better than AW and Efest on HKJ's comparator! Mt. Electronics is the only place that I know who has it.

Finally, when I confirm my ~535 Yard test I will also confirm that this light is a "MUST HAVE"! ;)

lumentia

Enlightened
I have the 'ATAC' brand of this light which they sell at tractor supply co - it has a nice big lens but a hollow pill :( and the focus adjustment don't have enough range of movement to fully focus the beam. Its decently bright on 14500 but limited by the cool white nichia led- maybe 300 lumen. Makes a decent work light. I thought about (for a few seconds) machining the lens holding mechanism to achieve full focus and make a copper insert to press into the pill for the led to sit on. But that's too much work. I think there's better hosts than the atak.

If vinh does a run of those ☝like yours capolini☝ I'll buy one.

Capolini

Banned
^^^^

As most of us know this type of light is made by many "unknown" manufacturers resulting in different setups,,,modes/quality/output potential.

I feel lucky and grateful that mine is made well and was able to be modded w/ amazing success!

Hopefully there still are Ones out there like mine which was purchased 2.5 years ago. I am not sure how one could tell until they actually get the light.

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast
i must have at least 4 or 5 of these hosts floating around... they can be had for $3 on ebay

Capolini

Banned
i must have at least 4 or 5 of these hosts floating around... they can be had for $3 on ebay
True,,,,,,,,,,but I do not believe they are ALL able to be modded.They have different drivers/modes/pill type/ ect. only way to tell is get a few different kinds and see which ones can be modded like the MinicreeVN that Capolini has! :)

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast
True,,,,,,,,,,but I do not believe they are ALL able to be modded.They have different drivers/modes/pill type/ ect. only way to tell is get a few different kinds and see which ones can be modded like the MinicreeVN that Capolini has! :)

if all else fails - single mode direct drive or drivervn!

Capolini

Banned
Mine is single Mode D/D! LOL! I was just thinking whatever the host is there is probably a way to still get decent results. I guess all in all it needs to be cost efficient,,,,,,,,mine was a steal!

It actually started as an XML2 but Vinh was not satisfied w/ the throw. I am so glad it is an XPG2 now as it turned out to be better than I anticipated!

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I just ask my suppliers if they can source the highest quality of this variation. :) We will see

Capolini

Banned
I did my test "solo" and I believe I shed light on the tower from 495m/541yds=61.5Kcd! I also believe in absolute verification! That is where my assistant tialini will enter the picture over the weekend if the weather cooperates! She will be positioned right next to the cell tower! The cell tower is the same tower that I tested the TK61vn V4 at. It is located on the former grounds of the Police station. All the cops know me as a flashaholic! As I was doing this test one of the Officers drove by and waved to me. He is probably thinking, "there is that crazy[but nice] Flashaholic again"!

GOOGLE MAP TEST SITE BELOW

YMCA-MiniCreeVN%20Test-495m-541yds._zpskez2a6ba.jpg

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
OK I ordered 20 SIPIK

I will figure out a way to make these a nice budget 14500 pocket thrower light. Problem is XPG2 PDTc & DriverVn2 are not cheap LOL

Hmmm I got a ton of non XML2 PDT though! LOL

Latest posts