• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

K60vn - First XHP70 Thrower

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
K60vn - First XHP70 Thrower

Must Read & Agree Before Purchase

Factory Link Click Here

Photos & Videos in post 2

Details and observations:
- No Driver boost. Max boost from factory already.
- Shaved Dome gives best tint ever. Cool white with a good hint of neutral.
- Shaved Dome eliminate 100% donut hole effect from Quad die dome on
- Excellent build quality. Best from Acebeam so far
- All light gets extra thick copper + Carrier Springs upgrade

$200 XHP70 CW Black Color Shipped USA

Pick Your Options:
A) +$10 Shaved Dome for better beam and more throw
B) +$20 Neutral White ~5000K XHP70
C) +$20 Neutral White ~5000K MKRs
D) +$7 Dark heat treated bezel
E) +$10 for Sand color
F) +$10 Grind flat and rounded thumb slot (anode removed)
G) +$5 V54 Engraved
H) +$45 International Shipping

Paypal/Email/Subscribe: [email protected]
If you want shipping insurance please ask

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
WOW awesome:D,been waiting for this real bad,defo my wanted light of 2015(so far)............best get saving up.............a lot:D

:party::thumbsup:

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast
sending me any for testing? this one should be a big hit. :)

personally interested in testing a neutral white xhp70, shaved dome , copper hs :)

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Big hit for sure especailly for the price. Kinda like a budget TK75vn and may be KT with a great UI and a true Low Low

I have got to say Acebeam has totally stepped up their game with this light and most of their newer lights.

Holding this K60vn in my hand and analyzing everything close up I can say build quality is as good as Fenix. The only thing that looks cheap are the carrier and switch soft springs. Those will need to be upgraded for sure.

I hate how they print their website around the button and write stand by as two words! Argh!

Light is kinda heavy! Good and Bad for obvious reasons. I can't comfortably use this light one hand holding it at the rear and using the switch. May be extra grip tape might be needed as the diamter of the light is quite large and it's heavy. Good thing there is a standby mode at the Ring.

Mode selector ring is stiff and again my small hand have a hard time turning it...For me this is a two hand light unless I can somehow lighten up the control ring.

A cut out was made for the thumb but they should have made it even lower for my short thumb. Still bites me.

Performance through it's amazing stock. I have not gotten it open as it's all glued right now so I am not sure if it can be boosted much more LOL

Real good job on the reflector and thick stainless strike bezel!
Proper knurlings too

Last edited:

lumentia

Enlightened
Does shaving the dome warm up the tint at all?

Does dome shave achieve the same candela-doubling results as a standard dedome?

If so, I predict this will be one bad *** $180 light :D . I figure if you are able to increase candela by the same percentage as you are other ace beam lights such as k40m, k50, etc, then candela might be over 400k. (I'm gonna guess 422k cd but I could be way off)

Ace beam is notoriously optimistic on their turbo lumen ratings (but their candela ratings seem closer to reality). I wonder if it even possible to achieve 5000 lumens (dome on)after being boosted?

PapaLumen

Enlightened
So what do we get for $180? Is it just the stock light or have you bumped the current etc? Thanks.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
So what do we get for $180? Is it just the stock light or have you bumped the current etc? Thanks.

I am not allowed to sell stock lights on this subforum. Anything with a suffix vn after the name is modded one way or another.

For $180 you will get a current boosted light with all new springs upgrades.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Does shaving the dome warm up the tint at all? A tiny bit but not much at all for CW LEDs

Does dome shave achieve the same candela-doubling results as a standard dedome? I think not. Possibly less as the die is not 100% exposed

If so, I predict this will be one bad *** $180 light :D . I figure if you are able to increase candela by the same percentage as you are other ace beam lights such as k40m, k50, etc, then candela might be over 400k. (I'm gonna guess 422k cd but I could be way off) NO idea

Ace beam is notoriously optimistic on their turbo lumen ratings (but their candela ratings seem closer to reality). I wonder if it even possible to achieve 5000 lumens (dome on)after being boosted? 5000 OTF seems steep That's 1250 per die...

markr6

Flashaholic
What't the main difference between these LEDs?

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Acebeam replied to my query about 5000 lumens:
Hello richbuff,

The max. current is 7A for K60 on high output of 5000lm, set down to continued 4000lm after 5mins, please note
Well, that is enough to add this light to my list of lights to investigate further. Along with the X60M, and a few others, some with some more range, and some others with some more up front power. What makes this particular light interesting is that it should have both plenty of lumens, and some semblance of throw capability, given its single large reflector.

I have figured out that powerful flashlights are similar to powerful rifles: You can't get maximum range and maximum up front power in the same package, because those two qualities are opposed to each other.

Well, the hunt for more reliable specs continues.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
What't the main difference between these LEDs?

XHP70 has XML2 dies which are more floody and brighter
MKRs has XPg2 Dies which are more throwey but could be less bright as less current

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Acebeam replied to my query about 5000 lumens: Well, that is enough to add this light to my list of lights to investigate further. Along with the X60M, and a few others, some with some more range, and some others with some more up front power. What makes this particular light interesting is that it should have both plenty of lumens, and some semblance of throw capability, given its single large reflector.

I have figured out that powerful flashlights are similar to powerful rifles: You can't get maximum range and maximum up front power in the same package, because those two qualities are opposed to each other.

Well, the hunt for more reliable specs continues.

The K60 has PLENTY of mass so I heat should not be a big problem here...