Best Free Anonymous Image Hosting – No Registration – Images Never Deleted

KeepingItLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
The number of deleted images from commercial image hosting sites such as ImageShack is woefully large. Here, for instance, is a thread from only 4 years ago where the images are gone. There are many others at CPF. I stopped using commercial sites several years ago when I found postimage.org. According to the information I found in the "about" and "FAQ" links at the bottom of their upload page, they will never delete an image due to inactivity.

If you like, you can register, but I chose not to. If you like, you can download a helper app, but that is completely unnecessary. All you have to do is click "Browse," and navigate to the folder where your images are. Upload them, and you are good to go.

Is there any better anonymous site than this?

BTW, don't confuse this with the commercial site ImagePost. The one I like reverses the wording and uses .org:

Last edited:

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Haven't tried that one, been using Imgur since ImageShack killed itself; no issues in a few years of use, and the interface works just fine on any iOS device.

KeepingItLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
How does postimage.org make money/keep itself going. Anyone else have experience with this site?

I_Dunno.png

poiihy

Enlightened
On the Upgrade page when you are logged in, it says they will remove your image after 6 months if there are no views, for the free plan.

Screen_Shot_2015_07_20_at_3_06_08_PM.png

But on their FAQ they say images will never be deleted.

Screen_Shot_2015_07_20_at_3_06_35_PM.png

:thinking: So when you are logged in, your images will be deleted, but when you are not logged in, they won't? :confused:

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
All my Photobucket images are still doing fine. I seldom visit the site anymore but just checked some of the older uploads and they're all there.

KeepingItLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since poiihy joined postimage . org and discovered the conflicting information about the permanence of stored images, I have been concerned about the free (non-member) images I have posted there. I suspect the worst.

That said, I am still undecided what I think about postimage . org. It seems to be much less aggressive than other sites in its efforts to violate your privacy. But that could just be an illusion. Like PostImage, Google also has a stripped-down interface, and we all know it is close to the top among web sites vying to compromise privacy.

While I have been mulling this over, I have avoided posting images!

poiihy

Enlightened
Since poiihy joined postimage . org and discovered the conflicting information about the permanence of stored images, I have been concerned about the free (non-member) images I have posted there. I suspect the worst.

That said, I am still undecided what I think about postimage . org. It seems to be much less aggressive than other sites in its efforts to violate your privacy. But that could just be an illusion. Like PostImage, Google also has a stripped-down interface, and we all know it is close to the top among web sites vying to compromise privacy.

While I have been mulling this over, I have avoided posting images!

I upload images to Postimage without being logged in.