Kel-Lite 3 cell and Ray-O-Vac Sportsman 303 6 volt

BrianWilsonsDog

Newly Enlightened
I'm new to cpf so welcome to me!

My kel-lite is awesome and tough but the light is so dim. Do I need a new bulb? I just put fresh batteries in it and cleaned it inside and out so none of the contacts are being interfered with due to rust/dust etc.

The Ray-o-vac is dirty and I want to clean it, but it doesn't appear to be as tough as the kel-lite and I don't want to accidentally corrode any part of the lantern. I think it's made from chrome. What should I clean it with?

Thanks in advance. Let me know if this is the wrong place to post this or something.

jrmcferren

Enlightened
Welcome. I can't really help with the Sportsman, but with the Kel-Lite, take the bulb out and see if it is darkened. If it is, just replace the bulb and you should be able to restore intensity, otherwise you may have another issue with high resistance.

ericjohn

Enlightened
Place a Krypton KPR103 or a Xenon XPR103 bulb in your 3 cell Kel Lite and it should make a world of difference. Kel Lites were originally fitted with the standard PR bulbs, in your case a PR3.

Tell me does your Kel Lite have the plastic or metal slide switch or does it have the push switch?

I've been wanting a Kel Lite for quite some time now, but the price never seems right or I come across one that is too far gone.

Latest posts