Cabnet Lighting

Pdwight

Newly Enlightened
Hi , I currently use a under cabnet lighting for several storage safes that I maintain. I was thinking about changing out the very expensive T3 10 Watt halogen lamps currently in use to some form of LED. The current T3 lamps only last about 4 months and I was thinking that a 1 Watt Luxeon Star module would put out as much light and have a much longer life span. The ammount of light is not really an option as long as it illuminates a square foot of space below. the voltage should not be a problem. I also have a pretty good shop both mechanical and electronic. I guess what I am asking is their another LED that has light output similar to the Luxeon star 1 W that costs less ??

Thanks
Dwight P

Illuminated

Enlightened
I've seen LED low-voltage lighting for curio cabinets, etc. at Walmart, made by GE, for about $24.95.

A walwart-looking power unit, with a brown flexible cord and (5) white LED's that looked like the spyder LED's. LEDs were spaced at something like one-foot intervals.

John

MrTodds

Newly Enlightened
I purchased the GE LED light about 10 months ago, wasn't very bright, and tje LED's were not uniform brightness or tint. I returned it.

You might try one. It is possible I got one of the first ones made. WalMart took it back no problem. Just save you receipt & package.

Doug Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Pdwight said:
I was thinking about changing out the very expensive T3 10 Watt halogen lamps currently in use to some form of LED. The current T3 lamps only last about 4 months and I was thinking that a 1 Watt Luxeon Star module would put out as much light and have a much longer life span.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it's realistic goal to expect a one Watt LED to give anywhere near the light a ten Watt halogen does, more like a tenth. If that's enough for your needs, the LS may be the call. It should be fairly easy to justify the expense based on not needing three bulbs per year.....

Doug Owen

Latest posts