Battery case for coin cells (CR2016, CR2032, etc.)

rodmeister

Enlightened
Does anyone know of a store-bought or DIY storage case for coin cells? I'd like to carry a spare CR2016 for my Photon Freedom and a CR2032 for my Aimpoint. Carrying them in the original blister pack, trimmed around the cells with scissors, is the simple solution, but so inelegant.

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
A sudden thought. (Yes, it hurt, but anything for CPF) The Altoid mini can would be even better. I don't normally buy them to the case didn't come to mind, but it is a smaller version of it's big brother, and would be just right for one or two cells.

R.W.D.

Enlightened
I have made sure if I own something using a button cell they are 2032's and I use a film case you know when we use to use film cameras haha xD I love them for all kinds of stuff and when I was a kid I'd collect them for use with other stuff. I'm sure you can find them online or something and they work nice for 2032's.

rodmeister

Enlightened
After much searching on the internet, I hit a gun forum that suggested using a Bausch and Lomb contact lens case to hold CR2032's. The poster cut the double lens case into two single battery carriers (you could leave the case intact as a double CR2032 carrier). I also found 20mm coin capsules on Amazon that should fit the thinner CR2016.

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you are willing to take them out of their blister packs, the plastic tubes that glucose tablets come in are just the right size if you are looking to carry several. Just use one of those wads of cotton that one finds in aspirin bottles to keep the cells from bouncing around.

ninjaboigt

Enlightened
i really like the contact lens case idea! water proof.

If you want a non water proof one, you can try memory card cases?