Source for a great Strap Wrench?

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got a set of really bad strap wrenches that are pretty much useless. The rubber doesn't seem to have enough tack to grip anything! Kicked myself for buying el cheapo.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

I assume there's SOME strap wrench out there that works well! Could some kind soul please point me to a really good strap wrench? Many thanks in advance!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
i got mine at sears hardware.seen them at harbor freight but 2x the price.both are the baby boa constrictor the sears one is remarked craftsman.so if you bust it you just return it.
havnt broke mine yet.

binky

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use a Sears one in the kitchen to open things. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif The only thing I don't like about it is that it's difficult to resize, since you need then to re-thread the strap into the handle each time.

If I were to get another and/or if I needed one for closer to its intended purpose, I'd get this one from Snap-On. It's about $30 but with urethane-coated fabric strap it'd be tacky and very strong. It's also very easy to resize. (Did you know you can just walk up to any of those Snap-On trucks and buy something from those guys? You don't need to be an auto mechanic or anything, although I'd think those guys get much better pricing. Cash is best since they're not always set up to do credit cards because they normally work off purchasing accounts. If you develop a bit of a relationship buying stuff from one guy you'll start getting some lower pricing, but I bet still not like the auto shops get.)

Here's theirs, from the online catalog.

28799.JPG

fivebyfive

Enlightened
Why not buy a Craftsman strap wrench? Guaranteed Forever. You can abuse it and break it, then exchange your broken one for a completely new one. It's free of charge and no questions asked.