Had to pick up SBP from Post Office

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast
All I got Friday was a note on the door that they tried to deliver my new Super Baby Pin. I left the note and an authorization for them to leave the light on my door step. They didn't attempt to deliver it on Saturday so I had to wait all weekend long to go to the Post Office to retrieve this light. I was expecting this new version to be bright, but after all of the discussions about voltage, battery draw, and how much a single 123, 3 volt battery could put out in prior threads, I was shocked when I got home this morning and tried out this light on the stairway going to the basement. It is brighter than my L4, maybe not in total output because the L4 has much more spill light, but in the hot spot it produces. It's hot spot is much bigger than the hot spot produced by the McLuxPR 917, but not as bright as the 6 volt light with the modified PR. I can't wait till tonight to see how much light this Super Baby puts out, but ya got to tip your hat to Charlie for coming up with this. The previously mentioned discussions which got quite technical and attempted to define what the outer limits of single 3 volt lithium powered lights could be, and probably missed the mark in my opinion. Seeing is believing as they say, and I can tell you one thing this light won't be any good at, that being reading a map in a car, that is if you want to be able to see anything inside or outside the car afterwards. Charlie is still a VIP in my book and it looks like he is throwing down the gauntlet of small light performance. There are any number of nice small, single cell 123 lights available that are really nice, we all know what they are, but this................

dallas

Newly Enlightened
This.....is easily the best light for its size and price on this planet. Got the note saying the next one will be designed from the ground up. Looks like I gotta have just one more light.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Dallas you misread my note. I meant to say it would be "ground up", breakin' the mold! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

dallas

Newly Enlightened
If you grind this thing up and let all the light out all at once you better stand back and have on bulletproof underwear.