light swapping/renting?

R.W.D.

Enlightened
I wasn't sure what to tittle this but it makes sense to me.

Has anyone here or does anyone here swap lights with each other to test out? I'm sure only trusted member would do anything like that. I'm only asking because I like to experience things for myself and there are so many brands of lights out there that I just haven't tried out and I don't always have the money to just buy any light I want just to see if I like it you know?

Sometimes I don't even know what kind of light I want until I've used it. That might sound weird but maybe there is so.some who could relate to that.
I know there are countless reviews on lights here and they are extremely helpful but sometimes its not the same as first hand experience.

I'm not talking about new super high tech lights only or anything but just brands that are the norm to most of you like zebralight or armytek. They seem very solid but I've never seen one in person so I just haven't gotten one.

I guess I'm just wondering if anyone has ever traded a light like a swap to test out something else or even rented out a light or anything similar or if anyone has thought about it.

Poppy

Flashaholic
I understand what you are saying, but wondered to myself, is it worth $20 to test a $50-$70 light?
I guess it would be $10 round trip for postage and insurance, and then $10 rental/tip to the owner, if nothing else for his hassle of boxing it up and mailing it. Then the risk that it won't come back.

You might want to consider hosting, or organizing a CPF get-together somewhere in your area. I personally have not been able to attend any of them in my area, and they are typically about an hour away from me, but they look like fun!

There is a section of the boards here for announcements and discussions of get togethers. Perhaps there is already one scheduled near you.

See... Trade Shows and get togethers

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?26-Trade-Shows-amp-Flashaholic-Get-Togethers

R.W.D.

Enlightened
Here in southern California I feel like its rare to run into an American let alone a CPF member. Maybe when I get back to Florida there might be a few members. I can't be the only CPF member from the largest land mass city in the continental US right? xD

Nicrod

Flashaholic
Here in southern California I feel like its rare to run into an American let alone a CPF member. Maybe when I get back to Florida there might be a few members. I can't be the only CPF member from the largest land mass city in the continental US right? xD

Southern Californian here! Antelope Valley to be exact.

R.W.D.

Enlightened
Nice that's only about an hour and a half away :) not very far considering I've been across America 7 times Haha one hour beats over 3,000 miles back to jax.

Maybe we could meet up some time.

markr6

Flashaholic
Not a bad idea. I buy/sell often and I still think it's worth it, but depends on the cost of the light.

R.W.D.

Enlightened
Ikr I I wish I tried out a few lights before I bought them not that I hate them but I could have gotten something better.

Redhat703

Enlightened

Another SC guy here, about 15 min away from SureFire office (Fountain Valley). I only bring a few lights here as most of my lights are in WA btw.

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm just outside Palm Springs, and I have traded lights with a few CPF'rs. McBrat & I have sold and traded lights and at least twice we have decided we liked our original lights better and so we traded back. There have been a few "pass arounds" I have participated in, and in the case of the PK FL2, I now own one. Anyone interested in trading lights feel free to let me know. RWD-if u want to try out a specific light, let me know...

R.W.D.

Enlightened
Yea I left a lot of lights in FL and other stuff.

How is the PK? It seems like such an awesome light and it would be cool to have something PK designed. I saw that pass around when it happened but was sure I could participate seeming like a new person. My post count would be a few hundred high but a few years back something weird happened and trashed my old account. So I'm not as new as my join date says but idc I'm here to learn and talk about awesome stuff with all of you guys. :)