Malkoff        
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Triple v5 R33 Engine - 4th LED, 30w limit, Screen Programable, Dual Mode Groups

Default Re: Triple v5 R33 Engine - 4th LED, 30w limit, Screen Programable, Dual Mode Groups

Question...what are the V5 heads currently programmed with? I have 2 and they are both DLMH. How would I know the current levels? Thanks! Having a blast with these!

Default Re: Triple v5 R33 Engine - 4th LED, 30w limit, Screen Programable, Dual Mode Groups

You should have picked it via drop down when ordering.

Quote Originally Posted by Tixx View Post
    Question...what are the V5 heads currently programmed with? I have 2 and they are both DLMH. How would I know the current levels? Thanks! Having a blast with these!
    Each of the 8 (4+4) modes can be configured from

• 1 of 33 white levels
    • red
    • strobe
    • SOS
    • red/white beacon

Each level has a number (and specs) but for simplicity, we chose 4 levels from among them:

1 cell
    Name Letter Level # Power
    Miliwatts Lumens Runtime Stretchtime
    red R 6 tbd
    dim D 1 0.005% 1.5 0.18 tbd
    low L 14 0.6% 180 20 23h
    medium M 21 10% 3000 346 93m 91m + 16m
    high H 28 55% 17000 1933 8m 7m + 18m

2 cell
    Name Letter Level # Power
    Miliwatts Lumens Runtime Stretchtime
    red R 6 tbd
    dim D 1 0.005% 1.5 0.18 tbd
    low L 16 1.4% 400 46 23h
    medium M 24 22% 6500 758 60m 58m + 21m
    high H 33 100% 30000 3498 10m 8m + 36m

Every light/head is built to order and programmed to order. Configurations from the letters above are available in the options menu of the OR order page. DLMH is the default and will be configured if no others are selected. Compare the letter and level columns above to determine power, lumens, etc.
    Last edited by ElectronGuru; 07-08-2015 at 10:28 PM.
    Control the Dark

OR Facebook | OR Forum
    | OR Insider | OVEREADY.com

Maybe the letters (DLMH in your case) correspond to the letters used in the chart in post #12 of this thread, it includes figures for Power, Miliwatts, Lumens, Runtime, etc. Its the same one that OR lists on their site for the "MODDOOLAR HEAD TRIPLE V5 WASP (30W)".

ETA: took me to long to type, EG already answered
    Last edited by jd1911; 07-08-2015 at 08:18 PM.

Thanks guys. First light I received I did not have the options to choose since it was a replacement/upgrade. I was viewing all the programing and didn't think to look back and find corresponding number levels. Really excited to dive into the programming!

So now looking at your post, the 219 output is the same on a single cell as the XP-L?

So now looking at your post, the 219 output is the same on a single cell as the XP-L?
    Sorry for the confusion, the chart is based on XPL numbers all the way across.
    219 has the same power levels for 1 cell: 1/14/21/28
    219 has 2 cell power levels that are close to 1 cell: 1/14/21/30
    Level 30 (21w) is about 1500 lumens but we have not tested this LED as thoroughly.
    I'll be updating the Head page with 219 values as we complete them.
    Control the Dark

OR Facebook | OR Forum

Quote Originally Posted by ElectronGuru View Post
    Sorry for the confusion, the chart is based on XPL numbers all the way across.
    219 has the same power levels for 1 cell: 1/14/21/28
    219 has 2 cell power levels that are close to 1 cell: 1/14/21/30
    Level 30 (21w) is about 1500 lumens but we have not tested this LED as thoroughly.
    I'll be updating the Head page with 219 values as we complete them.
    OK, thanks for clarifying!

Going with single cell 18350, modes 2/12/18/28, no memory, battery protect, battery stretch, 86 sense today!

I received my LUX-RC refund yesterday. I'll pick up the Wasp in the morning, and will program it tomorrow.

In anticipation, I carried the 219B v4.1 Wasp every day of the week, with either TL34 or TL65 (with an 18650).

Question: I'm uncertain of what this means because I thought there were only 4 modes per battery config. Mentions a 9th mode here

http://www.oveready.com/moddoolar/mo.../prod_238.html
    Programmable Features:

• It also gives you direct access to red, even as a 9th mode (default is off)

Question: I'm uncertain of what this means because I thought there were only 4 modes per battery config. Mentions a 9th mode here

http://www.oveready.com/moddoolar/mo.../prod_238.html
    Programmable Features:

That's the bounce switch. You can "activate" red by covering the head with your hand. Bounce switch is off by default but can be enabled in the programming menu.
    On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.

Quote Originally Posted by IsaacL View Post
    That's the bounce switch.

Quote Originally Posted by IsaacL View Post
    That's the bounce switch. You can "activate" red by covering the head with your hand. Bounce switch is off by default but can be enabled in the programming menu.

Oh, ok. I thought somehow I had up to 9 modes and I was missing something. So I have 4 modes and bounce to red which is my current setup. I was just excited to think I could add more modes when I saw 9th. Thanks!

I see there's now a Fast Switch Timing option on the programming page. Can you provide some additional details regarding it?

BTW, I've picked up the Wasp and screwed it onto a TL100. It's pretty damn bright in my living room.....at noon....with half the windows fully open. I expect this to be unreal tonight.

Default Triple v5 R33 Engine - 4th LED, 30w limit, Screen Programable, Dual Mode Groups

That is mostly a formatting error. Half the features were described over two lines but with a bullet point for each. I've added text and reformatted the section to make things more clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzman View Post
    I see there's now a Fast Switch Timing option on the programming page. Can you provide some additional details regarding it?
    A customer asked if we could shorten the time between modes to allow for faster changes. We built the option and decided to make it available to everyone. You can load it to see if you like it more, then change back with 'restore to factory settings'.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzman View Post
    BTW, I've picked up the Wasp and screwed it onto a TL100. It's pretty damn bright in my living room.....at noon....with half the windows fully open. I expect this to be unreal tonight.
    Bring your sunglasses
    Last edited by ElectronGuru; 07-11-2015 at 11:48 AM.
    Control the Dark

OR Facebook | OR Forum

Holy crap, Oveready! Is it "your money or your life" again?

Gah, maybe I need to sell a kidney!

We suggest selling all the lights this light will make obsolete.
    Control the Dark

OR Facebook | OR Forum

Quote Originally Posted by ElectronGuru View Post
    We suggest selling all the lights this light will make obsolete.
    WTB Surefire M1 (interested even if you only have the body.)

Flashaholic

I'm not seeing the ability to change time between modes on my iPad. It is still in the greyed out section. Do I need to do it on my laptop?

Quote Originally Posted by th8tredude View Post
    I'm not seeing the ability to change time between modes on my iPad. It is still in the greyed out section. Do I need to do it on my laptop?
    You need to click the Down arrow by "Order it Now" and select the Load button. You'll then see the Fast Switch timing button.

It isn't grouped with the other options, and isn't able to selected or disabled. Instead it is within the operational parameters in a new configuration.
    Last edited by Grizzman; 07-11-2015 at 12:17 PM.

Sweet, fast switch timing activated.

Quote Originally Posted by quazzle View Post
    Thanks for the vid quazzle

My current settings.

I'm having some trouble with programming and I was hoping you guys could help me out.

I had no problems in the beginning, I played with several configs trying to find the perfect one.

But after activating fast switching I can't get the light to go back into programming mode. I have tried doing the sequence over and over nonstop but it never works.

Anyone else having this problem? Any suggestions would be great, thanks in advance.

Used alone, the fast user config leaves the light in continuous programming mode
    So you 1) loaded fast switching, then 2) loaded your modes again, with the light operating fine and now 3) can't reinstate red programming mode?
    Control the Dark

OR Facebook | OR Forum

Thanks for the quick response ElectronGuru! I was hoping you would be around.

Actually I loaded fast switching and realized I didn't care for it. I'm not sure if I just don't have the timing down but I can't get reliable switching to work in this mode.

So I try to program back to factory default but can't get the light back into programming mode.

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, I just don't know what.

Running some tests...
    Control the Dark

OR Facebook | OR Forum

I'm not sure if this makes a difference or not, but I also made several other changes to mode brightness and bounce sensor sensitivity at the same time as activating fast switching.

I did some testing in fast switching mode, and also had some difficulty activating programming mode to change back to standard speed switching. I also might have been going right past it and back into standard operation mode.

On other subjects....
    The tint is absolutely outstanding.. It may be even more neutral than my 219B Wasp...which has the slightest bit of rosiness in direct comparison.

The one cell max output seems to match the two cell max output from my V4 4000K XP-G2. I didn't confirm all cells were fully charged during the ceiling bounce test, but it should be a legit statement.

I should be able to easily run one cell as single mode only with more than enough output, and two cell as EDC mode that includes three well spaced modes (with high being retina searing).
    Last edited by Grizzman; 07-11-2015 at 05:06 PM.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast