NITECORE -- Keep Innovating        
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Triple v5 R33 Engine - 4th LED, 30w limit, Screen Programable, Dual Mode Groups

Default Re: Triple v5 R33 Engine - 4th LED, 30w limit, Screen Programable, Dual Mode Groups

Quote Originally Posted by ElectronGuru View Post
    Running some tests...
    Please let us know results

Default Re: Triple v5 R33 Engine - 4th LED, 30w limit, Screen Programable, Dual Mode Groups

Running some tests...
    Ok, a few points and then a few questions.

I'll do more testing and see if we can find a friendlier 'fast' setting for everyone
    Changing the mode switch timing does not also change the program code entry timing
    Once you get used to fast switching, you may be encouraged to go to fast for 2+2+2 entry
    Set to fast switching, you can go slow enough to repeat mode 1 and still be correct

We've tried to reproduce the problem on two lights, without success

When the light is now first turned on, what does it do (color/pattern)?
    What is the URL of the program you entered after you entered fast switch (please PM)?
    What tailcap/switch configuration are you running?
    Control the Dark

OR Facebook | OR Forum
    | OR Insider | OVEREADY.com

Ok, faster user switching is now set slower, about .35 (vs .25 originally)
    Control the Dark

OR Facebook | OR Forum

Great product support! I'm going to listing one of my lights tonight to make room

Ok, while I awaited your response I tried programming mode again and it worked!

So I tried to factory reset so I can work from scratch. The programming took, but now the light just activates the dim red LED like in program mode. So no matter what I do with the switch, it just comes on dim red.

So I then tried to make a program change but it doesn't take anymore(the red LED doesn't go off after the program cycle).

Not sure if I made it worse than before.

Quote Originally Posted by 0880 View Post
    So I tried to factory reset so I can work from scratch. The programming took, but now the light just activates the dim red LED like in program mode. So no matter what I do with the switch, it just comes on dim red. .
    Factory reset was configured to ignore white settings by leaving them turned off. But if you don't then load a program that has white settings, the light won't have any. And will run in red only, waiting for a program to be loaded.

We've just changed Reset to load the full 4+4 white settings. This will give you a functional light, with no red or other special modes, with a single program load. Please try it again.
    Control the Dark

OR Facebook | OR Forum

I was able to reset my light to factory mode. I then was able to activate the bounce sensor so I can enjoy the red LED when needed w/o having it take up a programming slot, SWEET!

So everything looks good right now, thanks Dan! I don't think I have to tell anyone here how great OR's customer service is right? I got my problem solved in about an hour on a Saturday, that's just awesome and unheard of!

I really can't say enough about the support you get when you buy an OVEREADY product. It's not going to be cheap, most would consider it crazy expensive, but if you want the best flashlights and the best service there is a price associated with that. Dan has been especially helpful in getting me sorted out with a few little issues I have had over the year. I just want you to know Dan, that it's much appreciated and not overlooked!

BTW, the bounce sensor is a little tricky to get just right, as mentioned by a few others on the thread. The setting I ended up with is "76".

I've saved a couple different programs to Google Drive so I can easily access them from my phone.

I can now load a new program from anywhere with phone service in about 30 seconds. Pretty cool, IMHO.

I may have missed it. Any word on when the next batch will be avaliable?
    Last edited by mk2rocco; 07-12-2015 at 01:34 AM.

Flashaholic

Default Triple v5 R33 Engine - 4th LED, 30w limit, Screen Programable, Dual Mode Groups

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzman View Post
    I've saved a couple different programs to Google Drive so I can easily access them from my phone.

I can now load a new program from anywhere with phone service in about 30 seconds. Pretty cool, IMHO.
    Saved as video files in my iPhone 6 and I can change on-the-go! Don't even need phone service!

I just remembered that i can make Google Drive files available when offline. I can now access them without phone service, and from all computers.
    Last edited by Grizzman; 07-12-2015 at 11:01 AM.

Default Triple v5 R33 Engine - 4th LED, 30w limit, Screen Programable, Dual Mode Groups

Great tips on video storing, I'll add them to the main page!

Quote Originally Posted by mk2rocco View Post
    I may have missed it. Any word on when the next batch will be avaliable?
    The next batch is still scheduled for first half of August.
    I won't post them without a multi day heads up here, first.
    Control the Dark

OR Facebook | OR Forum

Great! Sounds like the perfect birthday gift to myself

I received this last week but had no time to post up my appreciation and feedback. Thank you so much to Oveready for getting this to me!! This light is by far my favorite. Its downright incredible what they did with this light. I run it on two 18350's and it is truly impressive. I was blown away.

Thanks so much

Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by richstag View Post

Kevin
    A full size version would make an awesome wallpaper!
    On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.

What is the URL of the program you entered after you entered fast switch (please PM)?
    What tailcap/switch configuration are you running?
    OMG MALWARE 1337 HAXXORS IN MAH FLASHLIGHT!

Disclaimer: Love LuxRC, love Oveready. I am not the enemy! CPF for life!

I pray I never have the "DDos Virus" in my flashlight. The last thing we need is flashlights spamming the internet!

Oh wait, my cellphone has a flashlight.... OH NO!
    Last edited by more_vampires; 07-12-2015 at 12:57 PM. Reason: ZOMG ALIEN CIA FLASHLIGHT VIRUS FROM VENUS! Dont OCD! OH NO! OH noooooo!

Thanks Isaac

Hopefully sometime in the next few weeks I can do some beamshot pics compared to a few other lights.

The next batch is still scheduled for first half of August.
    I won't post them without a multi day heads up here, first.
    Thanks much! We're all l@@king forward to the heads up.

~ Chance
    Last edited by Chauncey Gardiner; 07-14-2015 at 09:36 AM. Reason: Question on preorders already discussed.
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

Flashaholic* ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond's Avatar

Maybe a limit of one per person until current demand is filled?

Quote Originally Posted by ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond View Post
    Maybe a limit of one per person until current demand is filled?
    Yup:

Limit one R33 Triple Head per customer. All orders with 2+ R33 Triple Heads will be partially refunded.

Control the Dark

OR Facebook | OR Forum

Yup:

Limit one R33 Triple Head per customer. All orders with 2+ R33 Triple Heads will be partially refunded.

This policy has bee SOP with new releases of limited stock at Oveready for as long as I can remember. Good policy!

~ Chance
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

Very cool look at the bounce feature.

Last edited by ElectronGuru; 07-13-2015 at 04:50 PM. Reason: display video
    WTB Surefire M1 (interested even if you only have the body.)

Flashaholic* ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond's Avatar

So has anyone yet turned off the bounce feature and tried to replicate the video? Just curious if it's really possible and how long does it really take? And of course - safety first.

So has anyone yet turned off the bounce feature and tried to replicate the video? Just curious if it's really possible and how long does it really take? And of course - safety first.
    Well I posted something (shorter repost here) that I thought was too far off topic, deleted post & I thing EG might have totally deleted it.

But since you brought it up..., imagine a 5.6A quad in this OR 6P, on high, I pulled it out and opened it up just as it was hitting it's thermal shutdown (know this because it wouldn't turn on for the next 30 minutes), It was HOT.

Let's just say I would have REALLY like to have had the bounce feature. I started locking out the FETtie after that..., which okay I have this high amp capable clickie which I am now going to twist every time I go to click it on.... - BUT NOW I HAVE A TRIPLE WITH BOUNCE FEATURE.

(OR orange cerakote 6P, VanIsleDSM Quad, FETtie, Conceleco open bottom holster)

I took a photo later, safety first. I won't be trying that again...
    Last edited by nfetterly; 07-13-2015 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey Gardiner View Post
    Perhaps a pre-release sign up guaranteeing ones purchase? Or would that be too problematic to fill the orders? I can see with all the different choices offered how this might be more trouble than you'd want to take on.

~ Chance
    The issue with pre-orders has already been covered.

I nearly lit a comforter on fire with the old V4 Sean. Lucky I caught it before it flashed over. The video shows the engine in Lux-RC's fixed lighting housing but the effect would be the same. If someone wants to make a video with their new V5 I say go for it.
    Last edited by IsaacL; 07-13-2015 at 07:23 PM.

IsaacL, Thank you for the link. I was unaware the idea had already been discussed.

~ Chance
    Last edited by Chauncey Gardiner; 07-14-2015 at 09:31 AM.

No worries. Didn't intend to offend. Just wanted to indicate that this been discussed several times and is actually covered in the Q&A sticky.

Love the bounce feature! Perfect for not burning a hole in your pocket.

Tried it on mine via my phone and it's not taking. Both with the case on and off. Both directly on the screen and held ever so slightly above. I gave up. I'll do it at work again tomorrow as it did work on Monday. I know some have had success with Apple phones, any Android attempts?

Quote Originally Posted by Tixx View Post
    Tried it on mine via my phone and it's not taking. Both with the case on and off. Both directly on the screen and held ever so slightly above. I gave up. I'll do it at work again tomorrow as it did work on Monday. I know some have had success with Apple phones, any Android attempts?
    Did you adjust the phone's screen brightness?

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast