Flashlight Autorechargeable

Kristofg

Enlightened
Could somebody direct me to a review of this flashlight? It looks interesting, but there is little detail as to how much light it produces.
largec325.jpg

Blackbeagle

Newly Enlightened
If it is typical of its type, it will produce about the same as a very bad 2C or 2D. Have seen two flashlights similar to this and both had very weak and yellow beams almost what you'd expect from a grocery store 2D plastic light that's been sitting around for a couple of years.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
See the little black ridge on one side of the body? If it is what I think, this ridge is actually the top of the "pump" handle that emerges from the body. You continuously squeeze this handle to maintain light output. Stop squeezing and the little spinning generator wheel, or dynamo (hence the name) comes to a halt -- no more light.

But ya never need batteries at least...

HERE'S one for bid on E-bay.

Kristofg

Enlightened
Acoording to the website, there should be some form of battery charger built-in though : "Push the generator handle for 1 minute, and the light stays bright for 25 minutes"

fai.hk

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Kristofg said:
Acoording to the website, there should be some form of battery charger built-in though : "Push the generator handle for 1 minute, and the light stays bright for 25 minutes"

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, that's right. There is a little on/off switch on the flashlight body. I buy one at a local HongKong shop. Actually I 'squeeze' the handle for one minute, it stays bright for more that one hour!!!! The brightness and color is similar to a standard arc aaa.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
If I read the website correctly, it uses a standard 5mm (T1 3/4) white LED, with a rated lifetime of 10,000 hours.
So the LED is likely overdriven, at least during part of the discharge cycle.
Brightness should be similar to an Arc-AAA or CMG Infinity Ultra.

I do not have this flashlight or any similar flashlight, so I cannot provide a review or a web URL to one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif