Which head torch would fit my wishes best?

Donqui

Newly Enlightened
Hi there
My first post on the forum here. I ame across you guy's through Google
in search of a head torch with red led light. In my search for a waterproof,
strongly build headlight with a red led light I get almost overwhelmed with
choices. Just don't know which one to choose. And I also can't find what I am
looking for.

My wish is to have strongly build flashlight that is almost waterproof. I need
the red light for keeping my night vision during bushcraft adventures. Especially
the combination of strongly build + red light proves to be difficult to find. The
fenix HL50 with the addition of a red led would have been perfect for me... but
unfortunately it doesn't have that feature. I need it for hiking and bushcraft.

Some advice will be wonderful. Which headlight do you guy's reckon will be suitable
for me?
thanks in advance!
Don

Donqui

Newly Enlightened
KJ2 I have seen that one, but it looks so plastic to me. I like to have a rugged head light. It's probably going to be aluminum. Only I did not find these simple features in one lamp. It's not too much to ask for isn't it?
red + white light + strongly build (and almost waterproof. Doesn't have to be fully waterproof, although I prefer it if possible)
There must be a torch out there for me... Somewhere... waiting for me to draw my wallet ;) haha

Donqui

Newly Enlightened
How is the quality of nightcore guy's? I have read some bad things about it here on the forum. It is always very hard to know if it is just the occasional complaints ppl. will alway's have or serious shortcomings. I must be honest; some reviews that are saying a lot of positive things about the Nightcore HC50 are advertisements I think.

Mooreshire

Newly Enlightened
My cave exploring club owns several HC50 lamps. We've been lending them to guests and newbies for the past year or so. They get coated with mud, dropped in (shallow) puddles, and bashed against rocks weekend after weekend and we haven't had a single one break. Their user interface is refreshingly easy to use - hard press the button for on/off, soft press the button to change modes, hold the button in for a few seconds to switch between red and white - by comparison all the lamps I own require a 15 minute lecture about setting the sub-modes and avoiding the strobe/beacon modes. A few of our club's members (who were using alkaline powered lights) noted how the newbies suddenly had better lights than they do; and then they went out and bought their own HC50s. I'd certainly recommend them.

Donqui

Newly Enlightened
My cave exploring club owns several HC50 lamps. We've been lending them to guests and newbies for the past year or so. They get coated with mud, dropped in (shallow) puddles, and bashed against rocks weekend after weekend and we haven't had a single one break. Their user interface is refreshingly easy to use - hard press the button for on/off, soft press the button to change modes, hold the button in for a few seconds to switch between red and white - by comparison all the lamps I own require a 15 minute lecture about setting the sub-modes and avoiding the strobe/beacon modes. A few of our club's members (who were using alkaline powered lights) noted how the newbies suddenly had better lights than they do; and then they went out and bought their own HC50s. I'd certainly recommend them.
Hey Mooreshire, thanks for your input. I really appreciate it. It understand you have experience with several HC50's because of your club. Couldn't wish for a better recommendation then from a cave explorer. Thanks a lot. I am going to order one. Thanks YahFargo and all others for your input. Really appreciated..
Donqui