What's the brightest 18650 battery operated flashlight for under $155

HEDP

Enlightened
Looking for the brightest (throw) flashlight that uses one or multiple 18650 batteries for under $155.

What flashlight is this and where can it be bought?

If it's a little more than $155, that's ok too.

Last edited:

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looking for the brightest (throw) flashlight that uses one or multiple 18650 batteries for under $155.

What flashlight is this and where can it be bought?

If it's a little more than $155, that's ok too.
Wow are you going to get some wicked suggestions.
I'm guessing that price is for the light alone?

Also, is it throw or flood you desire or a combination of both?
Ordering light OK?
Guys might need some more details.

Have a great one.
Measure wallet now, then again in six months.☺

HEDP

Enlightened
Wow are you going to get some wicked suggestions.
I'm guessing that price is for the light alone?

Also, is it throw or flood you desire or a combination of both?
Ordering light OK?
Guys might need some more details.

Have a great one.
Measure wallet now, then again in six months.☺

Flood.

Just light.

Here are 2 that I found that looked good. Are these two any that you'd recommend?

http://www.batteryjunction.com/nitecore-tm16.html

Nitecore TM16 Tiny Monster Flashlight - with CREE XM-L U2 LED - 4000 Lumens - Uses 4 x 18650 Batteries

And:

http://www.batteryjunction.com/fenix-ld75c-xml2.html

Fenix LD75C LED Flashlight- With CREE XM-L2 U2 LED- 4200 Lumens- Uses 4 x 18650 or 8 x CR123

Last edited:

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Flow, nice lol.

Sorry I can't help much here with these lights, I've no experience with them.
Though many here do have experience on them an can maybe guide you along friend.

Good luck and have a great night light. 👍

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those cost more than $155.00
I would look into the Acebeam K60. It has been getting a lot of good reviews.
Flow.

Just light.

Here are 2 that I found that looked good. Are these two any that you'd recommend?

http://www.batteryjunction.com/nitecore-tm16.html

Nitecore TM16 Tiny Monster Flashlight - with CREE XM-L U2 LED - 4000 Lumens - Uses 4 x 18650 Batteries

And:

http://www.batteryjunction.com/fenix-ld75c-xml2.html

Fenix LD75C LED Flashlight- With CREE XM-L2 U2 LED- 4200 Lumens- Uses 4 x 18650 or 8 x CR123

HEDP

Enlightened
Those cost more than $155.00
I would look into the Acebeam K60. It has been getting a lot of good reviews.

Cool. I looked at that link and didn't see where you could order one. It said, "submit order inquiry" like you're supposed to apply to order one. Is this a loan? lol? Am I approved?

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool. I looked at that link and didn't see where you could order one. It said, "submit order inquiry" like you're supposed to apply to order one. Is this a loan? lol? Am I approved?

Not too many places sell Acebeam, but I have bought from HKEquipment.

HEDP

Enlightened
Not too many places sell Acebeam, but I have bought from HKEquipment.

You have a couple?

How are they compared to a ThruNite TN36 or other flashlight?

I'm reading reviews about that and seeing that it's very floody. I'm looking for a very bright flashlight like the Thrunite but focused beam, not flood.

TRW3

Newly Enlightened
HEDP,

I'll throw this recommendation to ya.

Olight M3XS UT. They currently retail for 149.99. Totally a throw light and still from what it looks very compact.

250,00 kcd in throw.

HEDP

Enlightened
HEDP,

I'll throw this recommendation to ya.

Olight M3XS UT. They currently retail for 149.99. Totally a throw light and still from what it looks very compact.

250,00 kcd in throw.

Thanks. With the Olight being only 1,200 lumens isn't it far less than the Thrunight or others?

TRW3

Newly Enlightened
theoretically in lumens, but that does not overall account for other factors that enhance distance illumination such as depth of and diameter in width of reflector, orange peel or smooth reflector types. really what separates this newer olight javelot m3xs is that the light emitting diode silicone dome covering itself has been removed for greater throw and center spot beam intensity.

All in all, a strong contender to date straight from the box stock.

HEDP

Enlightened
theoretically in lumens, but that does not overall account for other factors that enhance distance illumination such as depth of and diameter in width of reflector, orange peel or smooth reflector types. really what separates this newer olight javelot m3xs is that the light emitting diode silicone dome covering itself has been removed for greater throw and center spot beam intensity.

All in all, a strong contender to date straight from the box stock.

So will it be as bright as the Thrunite or others?

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Flood.

Just light.

I'm reading reviews about that and seeing that it's very floody. I'm looking for a very bright flashlight like the Thrunite but focused beam, not flood.

These statements (and more generally, throw and peak output) are mutually incompatible. You can get bright lights that have decent throw, sure, but a light designed for throw will always EASILY exceed (at long range) a light designed for high brightness, even if it only has a small fraction of the total output.

As usual, the first question to answer should be "what will you use it for?" Everything else follows from this.

I'd suggest you read the first post in this thread: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...-Easy-to-Understand-Lumens-Vs-Lux-Explanation

Last edited:

HEDP

Enlightened
These statements (and more generally, throw and peak output) are mutually incompatible. You can get bright lights that have decent throw, sure, but a light designed for throw will always EASILY exceed (at long range) a light designed for high brightness, even if it only has a small fraction of the total output.

As usual, the first question to answer should be "what will you use it for?" Everything else follows from this.

I'd suggest you read the first post in this thread: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...-Easy-to-Understand-Lumens-Vs-Lux-Explanation

Thanks. I read that post.

So I'm using it for le. I need a tight, focused, highest 'glare' light that I can find in the $100-$200 range.

So, what's the tightest, most focused, bright, non-floody, flashlight that uses 18650 batteries can I get for that price range?

TRW3

Newly Enlightened
HEDP,

Id imagine that if you are carrying a light as an law enforcement officer on the beat, you would want it light as possible and a good retention system. I would recommend something like the Olight M20XS Javelot. Might want to check that 1 out.

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast

Great call, if size is not an issue. I have the old model (XM-L2) K40vn, and it is one of my favorites...nothing else throws like it for the price.

If you want something smaller, the Olight Javelot series (M2X UT would be my choice for size and ability to run on 1x18650, but the M3XS-UT would give you a bit more intensity) would be my recommendation.

ANY of the above lights will be quite intense, I can assure you of that. Even a 20kcd light is quite effective at close to medium range. Those lights would simply extend the range at which they are effective.

Eagles1181

Newly Enlightened
Is this to be the light you keep on your belt, or is this to keep in your car and drab when you know you will need a light?

Eagle

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Malkoff's new MDX22.3-M61 throw head. Fully potted and 16K lux. MD2 body/tail holds an 18650. The Hound Dog has more lumens, more throw and more spill. Malkoff has a reputation for great customer service and devoted fan base on CPF. Their lights are made in the USA and are very robust.

Last edited: