KeepPower 18650 version 2015 stripped naked

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast

no more double wrapping. i.e. green panasonic wrapper removed so finished battery now slimmer. fits in older zebralights just fine:

UnderPar

Enlightened
Nice Overclocker! Maybe in my next Li-ion battery purchase, I should be considering this. Thanks for sharing!

kreisl

Flashlight Enthusiast
i prefer double wrapping.
double protection.

i made bad experience with the wrapper quality by XTAR for example which was brittle and hence chipped at the top and the bottom because it wasn't "soft" enough a material. the keeppower wrapper in the video does look "soft" not brittle.

UnderPar

Enlightened
double protection.

i made bad experience with the wrapper quality by XTAR for example which was brittle and hence chipped at the top and the bottom because it wasn't "soft" enough a material. the keeppower wrapper in the video does look "soft" not brittle.

Its indeed soft. I stripped one of my KP batteries before and it was not brittle at all.

markr6

Flashaholic
I had to get rid of an Eagletac 3400mah cell the other day since the wrapper cracked and the protection circuit could easily be pulled off. Looked like the wrapper was brittle and just decided to split.

Eagles1181

Newly Enlightened
I had to get rid of an Eagletac 3400mah cell the other day since the wrapper cracked and the protection circuit could easily be pulled off. Looked like the wrapper was brittle and just decided to split.

You know you can buy the shrink wrap and rewrap batteries instead of having to throw them away?

Eagle

kreisl

Flashlight Enthusiast
i didn't name that company because i hold their products in high esteem. great value flashlight products!

but you're right .. the wrappers of their 18650's, too thin and brittle. not recommended for frequent removal and reinsertion. i keep my ET2500's in the 4x18650 body of my rechargeable flashright.

kreils

markr6

Flashaholic
You know you can buy the shrink wrap and rewrap batteries instead of having to throw them away?

Eagle

Yeah but it wasn't worth the hassle. I don't like protected cells anyway, and this was one with very high resistance from sitting unused for a long time.

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast
double protection.

keeppower is also using a different wrapping material. has a matte finish. old version was glossy.

yeah the new wrap material has more plasticity (probably the word you were referring to). the old wrapper could be torn more cleanly, the new wrapper tends to stretch a bit before tearing