Which LuxIII should I use?

kaseri

Enlightened
I am trying to decide between two LuxIII's for a build. Either a TWAK bin or a SWAK bin LuxIII. Any suggestions as to which (if either) is the better bin and why?

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
The TWAK should be brighter than the SWAK. Colour and Forward voltage should be the same for both. To be honest, from the 3 bins ive tried, they are all very close in tint and brightness. Ive yet to see a bad Lux3.

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
The TWAK SHOULD be brightr, but to tell you the truth, you probably won't be able to notice the difference. Go with what you have, is the less expensive, or is the easiest to get.

All things being equal, go for the TWAK just because of specs. These have a slight blue tint to them. If you want less of a blue tint, you could try a TVOK. They are a bit on the warmer side.

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
yaesumofo is pretty much right when it comes to the 3W's. I do have my personal preferences because I compare a lot of lights to each other. This is pretty much the only way to really tell a difference from one bin to another. All of the 3W's are good.

But to tell you the truth, I still put Q3J's in all of my personal lights. I like the color of the light.