NEXTORCH - 300 m long-shot E6        

Thread: Test/Review of Windyfire 18350 700mAh (Cyan)

Default Test/Review of Windyfire 18350 700mAh (Cyan)

Windyfire 18350 700mAh (Cyan)

Official specifications:
    • Nominal capacity: 720mAh
    • Nominal voltage: 3.7V
    • Discharge cut-off voltage: 2.75V
    • Standard charge: 4.2V 500mA
    • Maximum charge current: 1000mA
    • Continuous discharge current: 10A
    • Pulse discharge current: 15A
    • Initial impedance max.: 35mOhm
    • Cycle life: 500cycle to 60%
    • Operating temperature: Charging, 0C ~ 45C, Discharging, -20C~60C
    • Storage temperature: -20c -35c
    • Weight: 20g

A high current cell in half the length of a 18650 cell, as usual with this type cell the capacity is fairly low.

Nice discharge curves, the cells has fairly good tracking and not much capacity variation with load. They can handle 10A, but definitely not 15A. Delivering 700mAh at 10A is impressive (but do not expect the cell to do it many times).

Conclusion

This cell has very good performance and good capacity for this amount of current.

Notes and links

How is the test done and how to read the charts
    How is a protected LiIon battery constructed
    More about button top and flat top batteries
    Comparison to other LiIon batteries
    My website with battery, charger, usb reviews, comparisons & information: https://lygte-info.dk/
    Latest addition is multimeter reviews

Default Re: Test/Review of Windyfire 18350 700mAh (Cyan)

Quote Originally Posted by HKJ View Post
    • Cycle life: 500cycle to 60%

how much % to 99cycle?

Quote Originally Posted by kreisl View Post
    [/LIST]

how much % to 99cycle?
    You are missing half the specifications. If the 60% specification is at 10A it is a really good cycle life.
    To get a really useful specification you also have to now the current the cycle life is measured at. When nothing is specified you have to assume that it is at a fairly low current.

I like the power of this cell, now I just need a flashlight to fit (Even though I do not write about flashlights at the current time, I do still like and collect them).
    My website with battery, charger, usb reviews, comparisons & information: https://lygte-info.dk/

HKJ - Where did you get the 1000mA maximum charge current figure? On Windy's website it indicates 700mA as max charge current. Thanks.l

Quote Originally Posted by RedLithium View Post
    HKJ - Where did you get the 1000mA maximum charge current figure? On Windy's website it indicates 700mA as max charge current. Thanks.l
    I got a spreadsheet from Windyfire with specifications for all the cells.
    I have just checked, I did type the value from the spreadsheet, it is not a typo from me.

Anyway a charge current just above 1C is very reasonable for a IMR cell (Maybe even a bit on the low side).

Quote Originally Posted by HKJ View Post
    I got a spreadsheet from Windyfire with specifications for all the cells.
    I have just checked, I did type the value from the spreadsheet, it is not a typo from me.

Anyway a charge current just above 1C is very reasonable for a IMR cell (Maybe even a bit on the low side).
    Thanks. Now I'm off to validate and charge the 24 18350s I just got today.

Flashaholic*

Too bad this cell is not more widely available from USA vendors. I was comparing it at a 2A and 3A load to all the other 18350 batteries in HKJ's Comparator and it was, at the very least, the equal of any other battery (Efest, AWT, AW, etc), in its combination of voltage and capacity.

I am going to make a prediction that the 18350 size is going to gain in popularity over the next few years, and the 16340/RCR123A size will become less popular.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by SubLGT View Post
    Too bad this cell is not more widely available from USA vendors. I was comparing it at a 2A and 3A load to all the other 18350 batteries in HKJ's Comparator and it was, at the very least, the equal of any other battery (Efest, AWT, AW, etc), in its combination of voltage and capacity.

I am going to make a prediction that the 18350 size is going to gain in popularity over the next few years, and the 16340/RCR123A size will become less popular.
    Watch your neighbor, Mountain Electronics... They stock the Windyfire 14500's, so it's my bet that Richard has some of these 18350's on the way too.

http://www.mtnelectronics.com/index....rice&order=ASC

Thanks,
    -Chuck