What Voltmeter to buy? Need reply today...

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
Never heard of any of the brands on the GearBest website, so I can't help you with the brand.

What are you going to use the VOM for? If you're planning on verifying battery voltage, before and after charging, just about any meter you can purchase can do that, the question is how much accuracy do you need? A VOM that has the ability to measure to .01 volt is more than enough to measure batteries.

myhken

Newly Enlightened
Never heard of any of the brands on the GearBest website, so I can't help you with the brand.

What are you going to use the VOM for? If you're planning on verifying battery voltage, before and after charging, just about any meter you can purchase can do that, the question is how much accuracy do you need? A VOM that has the ability to measure to .01 volt is more than enough to measure batteries.

I did go for the HYELEC MS86 Multifunctional Digital Voltmeter / Ammeter / Ohmmeter / Thermometer / C meter and Duty Cycle Tester -. All I need to do is to verify battery voltage yes. But then I have a thing I can do much with, maybe one day a need one of the other functions... :D

kreisl

Flashlight Enthusiast
The discount is Discount : 57% off you're making a good deal there :naughty:

Baggas

Newly Enlightened
I have a cheap digital meter which I use to measure the voltage of my cells. However it samples the voltage too infrequently with the result it presents a stuttering voltage as the cell voltage starts to drop while being measured.

I wonder if a more sophisticated digital meter would make it easier to see what the voltage is?

myhken

Newly Enlightened
I have a cheap digital meter which I use to measure the voltage of my cells. However it samples the voltage too infrequently with the result it presents a stuttering voltage as the cell voltage starts to drop while being measured.

I wonder if a more sophisticated digital meter would make it easier to see what the voltage is?

I got a really cheap voltmeter today just to wait for the more advanced I ordered, it's digital, but it was the cheapest they had in the store. And it works perfect.

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast

:confused: Using a DMM to check the voltage of a battery, shouldn't cause the battery to drop voltage. There's no current flowing. I think your DMM is just crap. A $10 hardware store DMM should do a better job.