• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

TX25Cvn - Pocket Throw King

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
TX25Cvn - Pocket Throw King (Must Have
Must Read & Agree Before Purchase

Factory Info Click Here

See post 2 for pictures

Observation/Details:

- This is basically a TX25C2vn in a smaller size.
- Has TX25C2vn reflector and performance but different factory UI and form factor.
- Mode 7 with 4 level recommned. Due to light design there is an induction whine on the medium levels. Low and Turbo has no whine.

$99 Current boost + UCL Lens

Extra Options:
+ $5 for "V54" Engraved
+ $35 DriverVNX2 (Single IMR16340 only) 20% more performance
+ $5 Driver Thermal Padded & Impact resistance
+ $15 XPL 4000K or 5700K Dome On

+ $10 XPL HI 6000K bonded to copper
+ $15 XPG2 PDTc bonded to copper
+ $7 International shipping

If you want shipping insurance please ask
Email/paypal: [email protected]

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Tiny Beast!

UCL top VS Factory Tinted bottom

Last edited:

Luxion

Newly Enlightened
I'm confused, is it the TX25Cvn or T25C2vn?
Also the factory link shows either a U3 or T6, but you mention stock has an XP-L?
It shows that it comes with an extension tube for running two CR123A (does not support 2 RCR), but Eagtac makes no mention of it taking an 18650. Will it take an 18650?
Is there a noticeable performance gain with VNX2 over stock "boosted" driver?
I can't resist a tiny thrower so I will be getting one, but I am trying to decide how to outfit it.

T25C2vn - Pocket Throw King (Must Have)
Must Read & Agree Before Purchase

Factory Info Click Here

See post 2 for pictures

Observation/Details:

- This is a TX25C2vn in a smaller size
- Has TX25C2vn reflector and performance but different factory UI

$125 Current boost + Factory XPL 6500K move to copper

Extra Options:
+ $5 for "V54" Engraved
+ $35 DriverVNX2 (Single IMR16340 only)
+ $15 XPL HI 6500K
+ $20 XPG2 PDTc
+ $7 International shipping

If you want shipping insurance please ask
Email/paypal:
[email protected]

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really want it, but no 18650 would be a killer for me

I can already tell you 18650s wont work. The battery tube is to narrow. This is designed with small size in mind. Because 16340s and cr123a batteries are thiner then 18650s they can make the battery tube slimmer inturn they are able to make a compact size light.

Last edited:

Luxion

Newly Enlightened
Yep....I'll bet you are right, but an extension tube just for 2 CR123A's??? What was Eagletac thinking? As performance oriented as ET is I would have thought they would allow 2 RCR.....

I can already tell you 18650s wont work. The battery tube is to narrow. This is designed with small size in mind. Because 16340s and cr123a batteries are thiner then 18650s they can make the battery tube slimmer inturn they are able to make a compact size light.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I'm confused, is it the TX25Cvn or T25C2vn? TX25Cvn
Also the factory link shows either a U3 or T6, but you mention stock has an XP-L?
http://goinggear.com/eagletac-tx25c-1xcr123a-rcr123a-2xcr123a-600-lumens-cree-xp-l-hi-flashlight.html
Stock light with XPL HI above.

It shows that it comes with an extension tube for running two CR123A (does not support 2 RCR), but Eagtac makes no mention of it taking an 18650. Will it take an 18650? No. If you want 18650 buy a TX25C2vn

Is there a noticeable performance gain with VNX2 over stock "boosted" driver? Always

I can't resist a tiny thrower so I will be getting one, but I am trying to decide how to outfit it.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Yep....I'll bet you are right, but an extension tube just for 2 CR123A's??? What was Eagletac thinking? As performance oriented as ET is I would have thought they would allow 2 RCR.....

A light that runs 2RCR123 will have such a big voltage range that will make Single RCR123 or Single CR123A inefficient and or less bright. Light was designed to be small and hard driven on single cell first and foremost. TX25C2vn is the choice if you want more capacity.

kengps

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm new to the XPL. How does it compare to the XPG2? Lumens? Lux? Are you de-doming either of these LED's? Would I need IMR for either LED with the current boosted factory driver? Or only IMR for the VN Driver?

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast
Xpl is pretty much like taking an xml2 led and putting it on a xpg2 platform. The newer xpls coming out are brighter then xml2 now :) since the xpl die is the same size as the xml2 the lux would be about the same

I'm new to the XPL. How does it compare to the XPG2? Lumens? Lux? Are you de-doming either of these LED's? Would I need IMR for either LED with the current boosted factory driver? Or only IMR for the VN Driver?