My new LSL was confiscated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trebor1415

Newly Enlightened
I picked up my LSL from the Fed Ex depot last night and it was promptly confiscated... by my wife! I bought her a AA for Christmass, but she didn't like it that much because it was too hard for her to twist on/twist off. I tried trimming the foam donut, but it didn't really help.

I ordered a LSL when they went on sale and told her she could have whichever light (the AA or the LSL) she liked best when it arrived. (I would have ordered two, but I thought it was "limit one per customer." Now I'm seeing that other people ordered multiples...argh!)

As soon as I got home I handed her the LSL to try. She tried twisting it ON until I showed her the Kroil swtich. When she clicked it, and the light went on, her face lit up as well. I didn't even have to ask which one she wanted, she just handed me her keys with the AA so I could swap lights.

Well, so much for "my" LSL. Guess I'm stuck with the AA now. (It's nice enough, for what it is, but it is hard to twist on/off and doesn't give off as much light as the LSL)

Anyone else have their lights "confiscated?"

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
when i read the thread title i thought you had your LSL confiscated by on over-zealous airport security guard /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Greta

Flashaholic
Yep... happened to me with my LSH-P... my husband snatched it. I ended up having to buy another one for myself... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon6.gif

nexro

Enlightened
Nope... my lights are all safely hidden under my pillow so no one else can have it :p

Perhaps you can get yourself a new LSH-S /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

cosco

Newly Enlightened
I see nothing bad about it. Looks like your wife can become flashaholic. Look elsewhere in this forum and you can see husbands hving problems to explain new light puchaches to their wives. You wont have such problem! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Go and preorder Arc4 to start the competition between you and your wife. Your only problem will be the money spent twice. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
Same thought here... "which sicko custom officer would ever dream of confiscating a flashlight (furthermore an Arc LS) from a flashaholic??" Well, trebor, looks like this is a REAL GOOD excuse to get yourself a LSH-S that's on sale now! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

BTW, your AA needs a slightly smaller o-ring. Do a search in these (Arc Flashlight) threads on the Arc AA...

luca017

Newly Enlightened
cosco is right,
I had to hand over my AAA-P nearly immediately, but was lucky to catch one LSL to get it back. Arc4 order is not confessed yet but will be tolerated, and in case it is confiscated, at least it is still around the house.

Luca

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
I think some of you guys might want to consider ordering two at a time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Trebor1415

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Hoghead said:
I think some of you guys might want to consider ordering two at a time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have, but I thought it was a "one light per order" deal.

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
I think Peter requested that we limit ourselves to one each so that more people could get one. I was just joking around kind of a "buy them both" thing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.