• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Nuke Finished McGizmos

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
How many here have the Nuke Finish on their lights and how do you like it, does it hold up well for everyday use?

Please post photos of your Nuke finished lights and other matching items and accessories that you may pair up with your light. I was thinking a Nuke finished McGizmo and a first class titanium knife would be a great pair.

Thank you!

F89

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's a picture of a nuke finish Haiku and first class titanium knife on page 12/13 of the Picture of your GIZMO thread that displays the finish quite well. It's certainly not what I'd want on any of my McGizmo lights, or my titanium knife for that matter, but it does have a kind of earthy, rustic look that may appeal to some.
I've held off anodising my McGizmo lights, I love the look of stock standard lights as Don produces them but it's always interesting to see what people come up with.

Last edited:

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's a picture of a nuke finish Haiku and first class titanium knife on page 12/13 of the Picture of your GIZMO thread that displays the finish quite well. It's certainly not what I'd want on any of my McGizmo lights, or my titanium knife for that matter, but it does have a kind of earthy, rustic look that may appeal to some.
I've held off anodising my McGizmo lights, I love the look of stock standard lights as Don produces them but it's always interesting to see what people come up with.
I too, love the stock McGizmo, however, I have enough of of them now that it may be fun to try something different.

and, I agree with you that look is not for everyone, especially on a light that costs what we pay for a first class McGizmo.
but it may be fun to try it on a clip, some people are doing amazing things to clips these days.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just saw that Nuke finish for the first time. I sure like it and would have no problems with one of mine being done like that. I love the rustic look. Plus its Ti, you can always go back I bet.

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just saw that Nuke finish for the first time. I sure like it and would have no problems with one of mine being done like that. I love the rustic look. Plus its Ti, you can always go back I bet.
There are so many craftsman, artists, and machinists doing amazing work today it is just amazing. I mean just look at what we get from Mr. McLeish, and his truly unique series of titanium lights. What great pieces to have with you in your pocket, of bag everywhere you go.

I still have a few more to go to complete my collection, if you could even really complete a collection of these lights, so after having a few haikus, I thought it would be fun to change the finish, and have something even more unique, at least on one anyway.

Tough decision, yet a fun one, so I was looking for input from the community we are apart of here go see if this is a good idea, and also, if anyone else had some specialized finishes applied to their McGizmos.

Thanks for your reply, Str8stroke. Anyone else, even if you have your McGizmos stock, it would be great to hear what you think. even if I do some different treatment to one of my lights, I will always like the stock version the best.

Thank you for any input.

Best,

RL

Last edited:

puinsai

Enlightened
70F0211D-E090-443F-8659-3087498935C4_zps3t9qm1ac.jpg