Zebralight sc52w on aaa batteries

Font2010

Newly Enlightened
Apologies to anyone reading this if this is old news but was sat bored at work yesterday evening playing around with my zebralight sc52w and saw a aaa battery lying around. Decided to try it seeing as how the tail cap spring is quite long and guess what....it fires up. I gave the body a few hard knocks to see if I could dislodge the battery and turn it off but it still kept going. So now I can rest safe in the knowledge that in a pinch I can run my sc52 on aa aaa 14500 and 10440s. It just got even better.

markr6

Flashaholic
I did a runtime test on my SC52w and AAA alkaline but I can't find the thread since it was at least a year ago. It outlasted my time at work (8 hours+)...of course it eventually fell into a low mode towards the end.

BowHunter1

Newly Enlightened
Apologies to anyone reading this if this is old news but was sat bored at work yesterday evening playing around with my zebralight sc52w and saw a aaa battery lying around. Decided to try it seeing as how the tail cap spring is quite long and guess what....it fires up. I gave the body a few hard knocks to see if I could dislodge the battery and turn it off but it still kept going. So now I can rest safe in the knowledge that in a pinch I can run my sc52 on aa aaa 14500 and 10440s. It just got even better.

Good info to know....love my SC52!! I had thought about trying it but never got around to it.

holygeez03

Enlightened
Good to know for emergencies...

I would imagine it would be pretty easy to wrap some tape, paper, cloth around the AAA in order to help it stay put as well?

markr6

Flashaholic

I would imagine it would be pretty easy to wrap some tape, paper, cloth around the AAA in order to help it stay put as well?

That would definitely help and ensure contact. Otherwise it is possible to rattle the AAA so that it slips off the positive end.

kreisl

Flashlight Enthusiast
i love my SC52w. i never use it so that i cannot break it.

kreisl

Flashlight Enthusiast
i do buy duplicates of other EDC products.

box cutters. socks. panties. AAA lights. cutlery. :thumbsup:

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast

I actually EDC my ZL SC52d with an AA to AAA adapter. This way, I can use any AA or AAA cells I run across and I'm ready to go. Of course, with my low mode usage the AAA eneloop never seems to die when I need it. This light is efficient enough that AAA is plenty!

markr6

Flashaholic
SC42 - tiny AAA Zebralight. Do it!!! Probably wouldn't be much smaller than SC52, but I want to see it anyway!

Font2010

Newly Enlightened
That would definitely help and ensure contact. Otherwise it is possible to rattle the AAA so that it slips off the positive end.
Having played around with it I don't think it needs it because the spring is strong. Deliberately dropped on the floor a few times, albeit on carpet and it didn't turn off or flicker.