SureFire 2211 X wrist light initial impressions

Quasar72

Newly Enlightened
Just received this light, I purchased it myself. According to the specs it has 3 outputs: 300 lumens 1.5hrs, 60 Lumens 7 hrs, 15 Lumens 13 hrs. I will attempt to get this out in the early morning for further testing. My initial impressions are that for my purposes the 60 and 15 lumens will be the most frequently used. On the Surefire new products thread for 2015 there was some discussion about this light, initially I was not going to buy it, but decided to. Someone was wondering if the battery cap had a gasket, it does. I anticipate using this light in rain and snow and will be coming back as I use it to let others know my impression.
SF1_zpstx1p7ipr.jpg
SF2_zpsbs07gsjx.jpg
SF3_zpsgbq5vewd.jpg
SF4_zps5r7vge54.jpg
SF5_zpsvxlyt2yu.jpg

Last edited:

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice, i think i prefer this over the rechargeable micro USB wrist light.

BloodLust

Enlightened
I like the Luminox version of this.

I wish these had a moonlight mode. I travel via airlines often and as an emergency light that's on my at all times., a really low mode would be great.

Quasar72

Newly Enlightened
I have only had this for a couple of days and here is a amateur report of it. When you turn on the light and continue to hold the button down it will cycle through the modes ending at the 15 lumens, not continuing beyond that. You can also cycle through the three modes by quickly pushing the button 3times when you initially turn it on and it can end at the 15 lumen or off mode with a 4th push of the button. The beam pattern is a very wide flood obviously. Today while bike riding in the dark, I was on the road and shined the light on a house about 50-60 feet away and it flooded the entire house on 300 lumens. The light is a very white light similar to my Surefire Fury P2x. The difference is that the fury has a very bright white center surrounded by light where the 2211X is a complete flood light with no center at all to it. While riding with the light on 60 lumens it easily lit up the road in front of me with my hands on the bars. I got this primarily for another light for bike riding to provide something different for unobservant car drivers. I also got this for a lightweight alternative to a headlamp for back packing with trekking poles. Preliminary usage with trekking poles puts the light in a good usage position because of the flood beam. It will easily flood the trail with light. This light weighs 5 ounces less than my black diamond Ion. But the ion will run for days on its lower setting compared to this light. For weapon light in clearing a room on 300 lumens its totally blinding. Other observations, wearing this in cold weather, I will have to come up with a extension to the wrist strap while wearing a coat and gloves the strap will not fit around multiple layers of clothes, but it wasn't designed for that. But for cold weather use wearing thick gloves could interfere with the beam if you wear heavy gloves or long gloves. I could have put this to good use when I worked in a prison in the dimly lit cell tiers for examining inmates rather than my Pelican M6 that I carried for years. It would have allowed me to use both hands and the light is a very white clear light. The strap has no ridges compared to the previous model, that will dig in to your arm. It feels comfortable and I would have no problems wearing this for extended times. I noticed today while signally with my arm the light shined a beam in the direction I was signally letting traffic know. I think a head lamp would be better for fishing, mechanical type work where weight is not a consideration. The video by surefire of the guy walking with his kids with this light seems silly but it gives you a idea of how wide the beam is. I can't imagine using this light as a mechanic and taking a chance of breaking it especially when a cheap headlamp will work. I really feel that 60 lumens is the perfect light for me for 90% of the time, but its great to have the other two options. I would have appreciated a strobe mode, but understand the hassle that this would have made as you cycle through the patterns. Keeping the patterns to three makes sense. As I continue to use this more particularly this fall if I have any new comments that others haven't provided I will update.

Quasar72

Newly Enlightened
side view I forgot to add LED emitter on the left battery compartment on the right
SF7_zpsuwxll9ag.jpg

Last edited:

58sniper

Newly Enlightened
I've worn mine daily for about a month now. I really like it. It comes in handy often. Really the only thing I'd like to see changed is the band. Not a fan of the buckle and would prefer a single Velcro style strap you pull through one side. Similar to the magnetic Milanese loop band for the Apple Watch. But other than that, it's great. I get asked about it all the time.

Vox Clamatis in Deserto

Flashlight Enthusiast
Really the only thing I'd like to see changed is the band. Not a fan of the buckle and would prefer a single Velcro style strap you pull through one side. Similar to the magnetic Milanese loop band for the Apple Watch.

Looks like the SureFire band is a Zulu strap, possibly the 22 mm width, I've bought them for watches at places like CountyComm:

http://www.countycomm.com/zulutwobuckle.html

Welfare

Newly Enlightened
I love mine. It is very comfortable to wear and the throw and flood for a tiny emitter is great. I use mine as a utility light rather than with a weapon, it's good as a room lighter, as a bike light and for running at night.