Zebralight H600F c/d mk3 85cri and XM-L 2?

insanefred

Enlightened
It just popped up here (I think). Unless it is a typo, how are they getting 85 CRI from the XM-L2? Did Cree update their LEDs or was the XM-L2 capable of this already and just wasn't available for us consumers?

Amelia

Enlightened
It just popped up here (I think). Unless it is a typo, how are they getting 85 CRI from the XM-L2? Did Cree update their LEDs or was the XM-L2 capable of this already and just wasn't available for us consumers?

It is most likely the wrong emitter listed in the spreadsheet. The specs (CRI, CCT) are identical to the other lights using Luxeon Rebel T emitters.

I'm anxious for the H600Fd - should be amazing! :)

StorminMatt

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is most likely the wrong emitter listed in the spreadsheet. The specs (CRI, CCT) are identical to the other lights using Luxeon Rebel T emitters.

I'm anxious for the H600Fd - should be amazing! :)

Interesting that they say it's brighter. Brighter than what? The SC62d? That light already pushes the Luxeon T to the limit.

lumentia

Enlightened
Looks like it really is a cree xml2 with 85 cri. They've had this xml2 easy white emitter out for a while based on this page: http://www.cree.com/News-and-Events/Cree-News/Press-Releases/2014/May/XML2EZWintro

It's 6 volt led though. Maybe Cree recently released an easy white led in 3 volt configuration. Or ZL updated their drivers for higher output volts. Hmmmm. The sc5 is showing up using this same high cri cree emitter now too. http://www.zebralight.com/SC5Fd-High-CRI-Floody-Neutral-White-AA-Flashlight_p_168.html

lampeDépêche

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a H600w Mk I, and an H600w MkII.

Compared to the Mk I, the Mk II has better anodizing, a better UI (esp. for strobe, which I use on my bike), and slightly (trivially) better output.

The Mk III offers: what exactly? Going from the comparison sheet, it looks like:

1) A better CRI, which is good.
2) "brighter," though no numbers yet
3) "more efficient," which is always good, though my guess it that the improvement will be small
4) "wider input ... voltage range". If the input range allows you to run a pair of DL123 primaries as well as the 18650, that would be a very handy option to have.
5) "wider input *and output* voltage range" Why "wider output voltage range"? Why would the LED want to see a range of voltages coming to it from the driver?? I thought the emitter had a preferred operating voltage, and the only thing that should vary is the current?

I wish they were releasing the non-floody version first, as I prefer the clear lens. That way I can add my own DC fix when I like, and have a bit more throw when I like. It will be a tough thing to hold off on buying the floody version. Must...resist...hold out...for clear lens!

lyyyghtey

Newly Enlightened
I have a H600w Mk I, and an H600w MkII.
5) "wider input *and output* voltage range" Why "wider output voltage range"? Why would the LED want to see a range of voltages coming to it from the driver?? I thought the emitter had a preferred operating voltage, and the only thing that should vary is the current?

I think this might be Zebralight's code for the driver being able to handle a 6V Easywhite LED. (Although I guess they could be talking about the driver being able to cope with less tightly binned LEDs of the 3V variety.) LEDs do have a "preferred" forward voltage but it's a range not a single value, so as the current is raised the voltage goes up slightly. Or another way of saying it: give it slightly more voltage and a lot more current will flow.

I cannot wait for the Fd version!!! My H52Fc is great but slightly warmer than I like in a headlight and too short of runtime!

jeffsf

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone gotten any updates on the availability of the Mk III headlamps? "8/2015" has come and gone and my own, earlier inquiry with Zebralight was unanswered.

insanefred

Enlightened
Has anyone gotten any updates on the availability of the Mk III headlamps? "8/2015" has come and gone and my own, earlier inquiry with Zebralight was unanswered.

They do not even have specs up for it. You can e-mail them about it, see what they have to say,

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast
could it be that the easywhite xml2 which are quad-die have beam artifact issues thats why zebralight is putting them in the frosted versions first?

XHMLJCV.jpg

markr6

Flashaholic
could it be that the easywhite xml2 which are quad-die have beam artifact issues thats why zebralight is putting them in the frosted versions first?

Too bad a slight OP couldn't fix that, if artifacts are in fact the reason.

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any updates on this? Would like to be able to use my RCR123 cells more instead of just sitting around.

markr6

Flashaholic
Even if artifacts are affecting release of the SMO version that shouldn't delay the floody, should it?

No, but since they are starting out with the frosted in the first place, some of us are guessing that will be the only model, due to artifacts. That's purely speculation, though. Maybe they have a ton of frosted lenses to get rid of? Who knows.

insanefred

Enlightened
No, but since they are starting out with the frosted in the first place, some of us are guessing that will be the only model, due to artifacts. That's purely speculation, though. Maybe they have a ton of frosted lenses to get rid of? Who knows.

It's because of us, if they release a smooth reflector or even a OP version and it has artifacts. We would complain to no end and give it nasty reviews. So, I assume Zebralight knows better.

markr6

Flashaholic
I'm loving the OP! In fact, most of their lights are OP without even getting "OP" in the description. I'm happy with all of them. Nice clean beam with a good spot/spill mix.

And I don't ever remember them starting with a frosted version, so we still don't know what's going on.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Zebralight has updated their site with the new 600f d/c headlamps. The specs are as follows for the d version:

• High: H1 870 Lm (PID, approx 2 hr) or H2 560 Lm (PID, approx 2.5 hrs) / 255 Lm (3.9 hrs) / 117 Lm (11 hrs)
  • Medium: M1 62 Lm (30 hrs) or M2 26 Lm (66 hrs) / 9 Lm (172 hrs)
  • Low: L1 2.6 Lm (16 days) or L2 0.36 Lm (2.5 months) / 0.05 Lm (4.6 months) / 0.01 Lm (5.5 months)
  • Beacon Strobe Mode: 0.2Hz Beacon at Low / 0.2Hz Beacon at H1 / 4Hz Strobe at H1 / 19Hz Strobe at H1\

Estimated shipping: 25th of September. I pre-ordered a d version. Can't wait to compare tints with my L11C's nichia 219b and SC62D's luxeon t.

Last edited: