is B&H a reputable online shop?

Chaitanya

Banned
I have purchased a lot of camera accessories from them over years . No issues so far, if you are planning to get flashlights then its best to get them from sellers like goinggear, amazon or others as I found BnH doesnt offer bundle deals which can help save a little bit of money over purchasing lights separately.

Javora

Enlightened
According to the reviews on ResellerRatings B&H score a 6.98 out of 10. Not the best ratings I've ever seen but I wouldn't be scared by it either. No business can please everyone anymore. Let us know how it goes... Good luck.

sarge1967

Newly Enlightened
B&H is one of the best on-line retailers in the country. I have spent many thousands of dollars with them over the years and have had stellar service. Returns are handled very quickly and I don't think I have ever had a mistake on an order.

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, they're good. I've bought camera equipment from them. The only negative I've seen is that their sales staff has that nasty, surely New York attitude. But I think that's pretty common with NYC stores.

gnappi

Newly Enlightened
I have bought from them for years, and always got exactly what I wanted, when I wanted it. My company also buys big ticket items from them, but we found like many web retailers that when they're out of stock they don't tell you and drop ship. Drop ship from the US is fine but they had us waiting for a shipment coming from overseas. If we had known they could not deliver in a timely fashion we would have (and eventually did) gone elsewhere. My advice is this with any online retailer ask if it's IN STOCK before committing to buy big ticket items.

markr6

Flashaholic
Best of the best. About a year ago I noticed they had a lot of nice flashlights. They probably started before that. I thought it was a bit strange, but whatever sells! Nice camera gear, nice flashlights, why not?

A little tangent: speaking of camera shops, the ones that are NOT reputable are out there! For some reason they all seem to be in or around NYC. They'll sell you a $1200 camera for $600. Then call you a couple days later asking if you want the manual, battery, cords, etc. All that comes with the OEM package! You end up spending the same, and I'm thinking some a gray market units. Very shady...stay away!

Last edited:

Parrot Quack

Flashlight Enthusiast
As others have said about, I have bought thousands of dollars of gear from them, from the little to the large and have nothing but praise for their honesty. Just saying, you're dealing with a NYC attitude when dealing with customer service so be sure to bring your humor. :D

I'm on the West Coast and I've found, nothing cuts a NYC attitude faster than a sharp sense of humor.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Outstanding folks there. I would call them and ask for a discount. They will do it often. They can also see if they have refurb gear. If thats your style. I have saved tons making a few calls.

PSSL works the same way. KILLER customer service.

markr6

Flashaholic
As others have said about, I have bought thousands of dollars of gear from them, from the little to the large and have nothing but praise for their honesty. Just saying, you're dealing with a NYC attitude when dealing with customer service so be sure to bring your humor. :D

I'm on the West Coast and I've found, nothing cuts a NYC attitude faster than a sharp sense of humor.

HAHA an old friend from long island once told me "Don't get offended by us. You just need to understand to everyone here there's 1. long island, 2. NYC, and 3. the rest of the world"

holygeez03

Enlightened
B&H Photo is definitely one of the better online equipment shops... super fast shipping, correct detailed information on the web site, good prices, price protection, no hassling for more sales, and most importantly: no grey market stuff (which is common for the super deal sites).

Like others on here, I have ordered thousands of dollars worth of pro photo, video, audio gear... for at least the last 15 years, without any problems.

cactus man

Newly Enlightened
I have dealt with B&H Photo for well over 10 plus years!
I have never had a challenge with any order or shipping.
Their prices and service is the best there is!

Finally they ship fast and almost have everything I have ever ordered they
had in stock! I don't recall ever having them back order a purchase!

I highly recommend B&H Photo as a resource.

Cactus Man

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
B&H probably does not have the surliest New York customer service, but, with Lighthound shutting down, let's consider using flashlight focussed web companies that also have a history of excellent customer service and a strong connection to our community. It should not be hard to first check mtnelectronics, illumn, brightguy, and others, as well as B&H. If the price is very good, I would go with B&H, being careful to consider shipping costs, possible lag time, and maybe other intangibles.

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I never had a problem with B&H, they ship fast and generally have very good prices.

Latest posts