Question regarding Lithiums inTec 40's??

jbroker83

Enlightened
Question regarding Lithiums inTec 40\'s??

Just got done putting Energizer Lithiums AA's in my Tec 40, and I can notice the difference in output. My question is: 1.How long of a battery life can I expect in this setup, and 2. Would I be better served using a different bulb with my Lithiums?? Thanks in advance to all.
(I tried to do a search to answer my question, but couldn't find the info I was looking for.)

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Re: Question regarding Lithiums inTec 40\'s??

Try a M*g Xenon Star 4 cell bulb. It is the smaller tube shaped bulb without a magnifying lense at the end.

It makes a nicer cleaner beam in my TEC 40. (which right now has a KPR103 and 4 nimh cells - to be changed back to Alkaline as soon as I get another 4 cell Xenon Star!)

As to runtime, I don't really have a clue. I THINK if it were left on it would do about an hour bright then start tapering off. Intermitently used, months perhaps...

chumley

Enlightened

I used lithiums in my PT Vortec headlamp which uses the same bulb as the Tec 40. I am pretty sure I got at least 4 or 5 hours of bright output. I used the Vortec last fall for yard work, so I was running for 30 to 40 minutes at a time.

illumiGeek

Enlightened

Lithiums probably won't last longer than Alkalines at the current levels of A PT40 lamp, but it will remain brighter longer due to the Lithium's flatter discharge curve.

As suggested above, the Mag Xenon star lamps are very nice.

kubolaw

Enlightened

Actually, Brightnorm's excellent testing indicates that lithiums do provide a significant improvement in runtime over even the best alkalines, increasing runtime to about 4 hours (versus about 3 hours on alkalines)

Alkaline testing:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=UBB1&Number=8609&page=&view=&sb=5&o=

Lithium testing:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=UBB1&Number=10137&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&vc=1

jbroker83

Enlightened

thanks for the info....my tec 40 is very light with the lithiums in it..i just showed it to my co-worker (who I got into flashlights) and he said..."well, you need to put some batteries in it first..." I then turned it on and he was amazed...I think the lithiums are worth it in both my CMG Reactor and my Tec 40....now, I wonder if Streamlight ProPolymer 4aa Incadescent would take lithiums?????