ThruNite Neutron 2A v2 or Nitecore EA41

Stefano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Perhaps it would be better comparison between these two products ? (same type)
Nitecore EA41 vs Thrunite TN4A (available cool white and neutral withe)
I do not remember if the NiteCore EA41 is available in both tints

The Neutron 2A is certainly more portable, comes easily in a pocket
Warning, the 730 lumens are only obtained using 2 batteries (extension tube)

With a single AA battery:
Turbo: 408 lumens
Peak Beam Intensity: 3600cd
Max beam distance: 120m

With two AA batteries:
Turbo: 730 lumens
Peak Beam Intensity: 6800cd
Max beam distance: 164m

If at the moment you can buy only a single flashlight I suggest you think about what are your immediate needs.
Neutron 2A is compact and can be easily attached to your belt or in your pocket.
Please consider, however, that small flashlights when they are high power become very hot.

Lights as the Nitecore EA41 or Thrunite TN4A have superior performance.
I really like the TN4A, I read a review and it seems very well done.
TN4A:
Turbo: 1150 lumens
Peak Beam Intensity: 26640cd
Max beam distance: 326m
The larger size of the head allow a better heat management

Perhaps the Nitecore EA41 has a slightly lower cost.
Both torches EA41 and TN4A) can emit about 550 lumens for a long time and without excessive heat

(terrible translation with Google Translate)

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has ThruNite worked out all of the bugs in the Neutron 2A v2?

I was hot on this light until all of the problems cropped up.

I was looking for a 4xAA light a couple of years back and ended up going with the Sunwayman D40A CW over the EA4.

The NC EA41 is a bit overrated in its output.

Chris

MidnightDistortions

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wanted a new light with good flood and decent throw within the price range with either of those two lights and these lights look good. The TN4A is a good suggestion, thanks Stefano :) It might be what i plan on getting instead of the ones i was looking at (depending on what the actual stats of EA41). Saw there was an issue with one of the light switches falling apart on an older version of one of those iights so i wanted some feedback on that.

The EA41 is a bit overrated in which part(s) of the stats?

+++ Turbo: 1020 lumens / 1 h 45 min
+++ High: 580 lumens / 2 h 45 min
+++ Medium: 160 lumens / 12 h
+++ Low: 50 lumens / 30 h
+++ Lower: 1 lumens / 400 h
* Special Mode: Strobe, SOS and location beacon
* Peak Beam Intensity: 28,276 cd
* Beam Distance: 366 yards

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has ThruNite worked out all of the bugs in the Neutron 2A v2?

I was hot on this light until all of the problems cropped up.

I was looking for a 4xAA light a couple of years back and ended up going with the Sunwayman D40A CW over the EA4.

The NC EA41 is a bit overrated in its output.

Chris
As far as I know, oem halted production and hasn't said anything about a new corrected model.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wanted a new light with good flood and decent throw within the price range with either of those two lights and these lights look good. The TN4A is a good suggestion, thanks Stefano :) It might be what i plan on getting instead of the ones i was looking at (depending on what the actual stats of EA41). Saw there was an issue with one of the light switches falling apart on an older version of one of those iights so i wanted some feedback on that.

The EA41 is a bit overrated in which part(s) of the stats?

+++ Turbo: 1020 lumens / 1 h 45 min
+++ High: 580 lumens / 2 h 45 min
+++ Medium: 160 lumens / 12 h
+++ Low: 50 lumens / 30 h
+++ Lower: 1 lumens / 400 h
* Special Mode: Strobe, SOS and location beacon
* Peak Beam Intensity: 28,276 cd
* Beam Distance: 366 yards

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...xAA)-review-RUNTIMES-BEAMSHOTS-VIDEO-and-more!

Chris

MidnightDistortions

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Chris, i've decided i'm going to get the TN4A. Now to decide which TN4A to get, cool white or neutral white. i know most LED lights have cool white but neutral white is easier on the eyes as i have read. This light would be used for camping, outdoor lighting (when there is none), and basically showing off what 4 AA batteries can do :) (yes i went there lol).

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Chris, i've decided i'm going to get the TN4A. Now to decide which TN4A to get, cool white or neutral white. i know most LED lights have cool white but neutral white is easier on the eyes as i have read. This light would be used for camping, outdoor lighting (when there is none), and basically showing off what 4 AA batteries can do :) (yes i went there lol).

Don't forget the Sunwayman D40A, in CW or Neutral.

This is the 4xAA, 3xAA light that I went with 18 months ago when I was in the market.

Chris

LeafSamurai

Enlightened

I have the TN4A NW myself but based on what you are going to use for the light (camping, outdoor lighting, showing off), the TN4A CW would be a better choice :)

MidnightDistortions

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't forget the Sunwayman D40A, in CW or Neutral.

This is the 4xAA, 3xAA light that I went with 18 months ago when I was in the market.

Chris

I think Amazon only offers that in CW so i think that will be fine, NW is not really needed since most of my interior (lower lumen) lights will have basic Eneloops while the high powered lights will all have Eneloop Pros as it will be easiest to swap lights than it is to have one of these lights and swaping the batteries. Going to need to buy some more Duraloops for the TN4A in the future :). So i'll be going for the CW for the TN4A. Rest of the flashlight suggestions are in my wishlist for now and will eventually come back to them or new lights. Thanks guys for your help :)

Stefano

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think Amazon only offers that in CW

Write a message to the seller (Thrunite Store on your Amazon) maybe is available the neutral version, but the link is not easily visible.
If you plan to use it for long walks in the woods the neutral version is better.