Remote LED Rope Light Controller

SealClubber

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

I am planning to install about 91ft of 120v Warm White LED rope light around the ceiling in my basement I just had finished.
I had the electrician run a power receptacle up behind the moulding. The problem is he never connected it to a light switch. The switch I thought was for the rope lights was wired to a couple of can lights. Now the drywall, paint and moulding is finished and there is no way to connect that wire to a light switch due to the way he ran the wire. I don't want the lights on all the time.

Question: Is there a remote controller I can buy that: (in order of importance)
can power 91 feet of LEDs?
can turn the lights on and off and dim them remotely?
is small enough to be hidden behind the moulding?

The only dimming controller I have seen and know will power the lights is Sold by Birddog and is out of stock and does not have a remote.

Thank you.
SC

m.pille.led

Newly Enlightened
Hi,
some questions
1º Did you buy the leds allready?
2º Power consumption and other specifications?

3º and most importante, is there a 12v power suply to run the leds? (are the leds 12 or 24v?)

If they are DC12v or DC24v there is a great controller I use, and is very very cheap.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/11170555067...l?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=111705550679&_rdc=1

it can handle over 10Amps.(would not push it to the max!)
works with 4-25v
Its dimmable and has a lot of functions..... since the simple ON/OFF , dim, untill flash and strobe mode....

Hope I could helped,
keep us posted on the progress of your project
Cheers
Mark

PointyOintment

Newly Enlightened
91 feet at how many LEDs per foot and how much power per LED? Or just how much power in total?
(Do you already have the LEDs? If so, what are their electrical specs? If not, what specs can you get them with?)

How much space is there behind the moulding? Can you post a photo showing the space, with a ruler or other object for scale? (Because you're new here: You can't upload images to the forum. You need to upload them to an image hosting site like imgur and then embed them from there.)