looking for suggestions for EDC light

ReturnFormer

Newly Enlightened
Hey all. ive decided to get a new EDC, and could use some advice.

my current two main lights are the zebralight sc5w (older 200 lumen version) and the olight m20 (older 320 lumen version). both are feeling kinda dim these days, so when i got the email recently from bj about the new olight S1, i decided to get it as a new EDC in place of the zebra, which i carry on my belt. great price, great brightness, about the same size as the zebra, whats not to like? i had it and a couple other goodies loaded up into the shopping cart when i realized - as an EDC its going to get expensive using cr123a's - a big downside to it. while i could get rcr123a's for it, i dont currently have a charger for them, and thats added expense. (im not opposed to doing that, tho, if it makes sense. does the olight omnidok work with them?)

so i decided that i would like a rechargeable light. ive done some research and found two good options, but id like to know if theres any other good options as well.

one option is the olight s30rii. the downside of this one is the size - its too big to be a replacement for the zebra, but i could see replacing the m20 with it. i like that it includes a 18650 and a dock for charging it. brightness is great too. ill probably get this one another time, but first i want to replace the zebra.

i also found the nitecore ec11. on paper it looks like it would be a great option. its bright, small and takes rechargeable imr batteries. while i dont think theyre included in the regular package, i found a package deal on amazon thats only 10 more and includes 2 batteries and a charger. seems like a good deal, as it seems like a charger for 18650's or rcr123a's would be ~20. downside of this option would be the led. ive seen reveiws that its either green tinted or flicker-prone. anyone have experience with it? did you find that to be the case? if the led is solid then i think i would go with this one. the warm light of the zebra is nice, but not necessary. but green i dont want. ive got a small terralux light that has that. ugh.

any other similar lights/options that people would recommend?

thanks!

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
The S30RII, is quite small.
I've no Zebralight, they don't interest me much, can't help there sorry.
Though the S30RII is the smallest 18650 light I have.

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just bought the Nitecore EC4 and Nitecore MH20 for my new EDC lights and I am very pleased with them. :)

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi there, I bought the ArmyTek Prime A1 (non-Pro) and I love it, especially the Firefly modes. The Turbo is apparently 370 lumens which is quite respectable for a 1 x AA light but then again technology is improving on what seems like a day to day basis. The ArmyTek also has 18650 models, I think you might want to take a look at their site.

Cheers and hope you get your lights.

ReturnFormer

Newly Enlightened
thanks for the replies. dunno why i didnt think to search the forums for info about the ec11. been reading the thread Str8stroke posted, though, and decided to get it. thanks!