Rechargeable AA LiIon Batteries?

angerdan

Enlightened
For $60 you will get >16 eneloop pro batteries with 2.500mAh.
Why pay so much for just 300mAh more capacity?

Last edited:

Steve K

Flashlight Enthusiast
two tangential questions about the Bleiou AA lithium batteries..

1. how do they make a 1.5V lithium battery? I thought the chemistry dictated a voltage in the 3.7V ballpark.

2. who is Bleiou? Considering the potential risks of rechargeable lithium batteries, I'd be more comfortable with Panasonic or some other established/familiar brand.

LANDDNL

Newly Enlightened
I was reminded also what a pain in the back side it would be removing the cover each time to charge the batteries. I've only done that once to replace the pathetic Phillip's with eneloops. Wouldn't want to do that on a weekly(or whatever) basis. I guess I'll stick with the eneloops until something magical comes along.

angerdan

Enlightened
I was reminded also what a pain in the back side it would be removing the cover each time to charge the batteries.
Someone suggested replacing the 3mm allen-head screw with a knurled thumbscrew. Get the screw from McMaster-Carr, stock number 92581A14.You can put a couple thin washers under the head of the thumbscrew to make it stick up further, and file a little plastic off the nearby mount to make it clear the screw.
Or get the PBL V2, which has an screw for philips/pozidriv screwdrivers.