1 LED light out of 4 in series flickers

swedishpimple

Newly Enlightened
I have a series of four BR30 LEDs in recessed lighting where the same bulb flickers occasionally and randomly. The other three LED bulbs never flicker. I changed out the bulb and same thing happened. I have a Lutron dimmer that works with other LEDs so I don't believe that to be the issue. What's even weirder, the same thing happens in my basement with a series of five or six BR30 LEDs -- only one bulb and always the same one.

Can any experts out there diagnose the issue? Thanks in advance.

Steve K

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a series of four BR30 LEDs in recessed lighting where the same bulb flickers occasionally and randomly. The other three LED bulbs never flicker. I changed out the bulb and same thing happened. I have a Lutron dimmer that works with other LEDs so I don't believe that to be the issue. What's even weirder, the same thing happens in my basement with a series of five or six BR30 LEDs -- only one bulb and always the same one.

Can any experts out there diagnose the issue? Thanks in advance.

just trying to be sure I understand what the problem is.. when you say "I have a series of four BR30 LEDs in recessed lighting where the same bulb flickers occasionally and randomly. The other three LED bulbs never flicker. I changed out the bulb and same thing happened", do you mean that one socket will cause any bulb placed in it to flicker? i.e. the flickering is a property of that socket? Or do you mean that one bulb will always flicker, regardless of which socket it is placed in?

If it's one bulb that's a problem, then obviously it should be replaced.

If it's one socket that's a problem, you should let us know where it is in the string. i.e. is it closest to the dimmer, furthest, or somewhere in between?

swedishpimple

Newly Enlightened
just trying to be sure I understand what the problem is.. when you say "I have a series of four BR30 LEDs in recessed lighting where the same bulb flickers occasionally and randomly. The other three LED bulbs never flicker. I changed out the bulb and same thing happened", do you mean that one socket will cause any bulb placed in it to flicker? i.e. the flickering is a property of that socket? Or do you mean that one bulb will always flicker, regardless of which socket it is placed in?

If it's one bulb that's a problem, then obviously it should be replaced.

If it's one socket that's a problem, you should let us know where it is in the string. i.e. is it closest to the dimmer, furthest, or somewhere in between?

Thanks, Steve. It is the former of your two examples -- one socket will cause any of my BR30 LEDs to flicker. Regarding where it is in the string is more difficult. There are four recessed sockets in a square in my living room. It is not the closest or furthest to dimmer, but either 2nd or 3rd closest. The string is basement is linear, and I believe that bulb is third closest to dimmer -- although I'll have to confirm that tonight.

Latest posts