Battery cap for Spy 007

qmtu

Enlightened
Would anyone know if the next Spy 007 batch will have the old battery cap, or the new one that is an available option on the TriV 3

scout24

Flashaholic
If I were a betting man, I would think both would be available, as with the Tri-V. I can't see an option on the flagship being standard on the 007. I can see 007 buyers wanting and being willing to pay for the new battery cap as an option. (As well as the Vegas knob, perhaps?) :) My two cents.

Zandar

Enlightened
The last I heard from Data, he was planning on offering both the "Vault Cap" and the "Vegas Knob" as optional accessories on the 007. So the old cap should be standard equipment.

stingray3

Enlightened
The last I heard from Data, he was planning on offering both the "Vault Cap" and the "Vegas Knob" as optional accessories on the 007. So the old cap should be standard equipment.

That would be sweet if he did!

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
From my understanding , yes both options will be available on the 007, plus some other change I have no idea about.
For me, both options are amazing if you can afford them.
The cap is soooo nice for programming.

qmtu

Enlightened
Would we be able to upgrade an old Spy 007 to a new tail cap?

Zandar

Enlightened
Would we be able to upgrade an old Spy 007 to a new tail cap?
No, unfortunately not. Data has said in the past that since each light and cap are cut from the same block of Ti they will have a unique fit that can't be duplicated . He said there's no practical way to machine a stand alone cap that will fit a particular light.