Show your EDC being EDC'ed

markr6

Flashaholic
Instead of a pocket dump or shot of your EDC light on a table, let's see it actually being EDC'ed (pocket shots).

I find it pretty amazing that people are carrying these small but fat lights like the MH20, SC600, etc. I'm not calling anyone a liar, but other than police, fireman, construction workers, people with holsters and tool belts, are people actually carrying these larger lights in jeans or dress pants?

I'm not really interested in headlamps or neck lights, but if you must, go for it.

Let's see em!

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Neat idea.. Not sure how to crotch shot pocket carried lights other then just pictures of people wearing jeans?
You should set an example.

Edit to add, in print
MH20, bottom of left front pocket, rarely holstered.
S30RII clipped to front left pocket.
S10R loose in back left pocket.
Bonus today, Mini MA bottom of front right pocket with keys an change.
Leatherman Squirt, coin pocket.
Leatherman Wave and accessories, holster, right hand side.
Benchmade 707 clipped to top of right front pocket.
Occasional Spyderco Centofontaine IV in back left pocket.

Last edited:

markr6

Flashaholic
Neat idea.. Not sure how to crotch shot pocket carried lights other then just pictures of people wearing jeans?
You should set an example.

I can't EDC anything comfortably. If I have time I will show pics/examples of how it doesn't work for me...

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, the spatial weight distribution of edc and related bulges can be hard for some to deal with or accommodate.
It's either in you, or its acquired through persistent carry if the end user wants it.

herbicide

Newly Enlightened
How do you show a pocket-carried light? Turn it on, perhaps?
aSE1tgS.jpg

ksugane.jpg

...Okay, mine's no pocket-rocket, but still...

xzel87

Enlightened
Surefire 6P with Solarforce S2 clicky tailcap, prometheus clip....and yes, I'm wearing office/dress pants, the slight rip in the pocket seam is due to worn pants, not due to clip carry.

GearHunter

Enlightened
Nice setup there! That "5th pocket" on my jeans is useless. I can hardly fit a Fenix E05 in there. If I do it pokes the boney part of my waist/hip when sitting down.
My secret is I don't have a " boney part" of my waist or anything else! The positive is my jeans are bigger there for so are my pockets!

GearHunter

Enlightened
:crackup:I revisited post number 7. You sir, deserve 500 points for a wonderful sense of humor. :crackup:

~ Chance

thank you. Kind of you to say. I really believe that a person that can't laugh at his/herself is missing out on half of life's best jokes! And of course if you can't laugh at yourself you don't get to laugh at others!!!

D6859

Enlightened
Sitting in a car with Thrunite TN12 in my left hand pocket in my pants. I rarely find TN12 uncomfortably big to carry in my pocket. Next to the end of the flashlight you can see M22 holster attached to my shoulder bag. I carry my Predator in it. I find both M22 and Predator too big to carry in my pockets and thus prefer the great Olight holster.

tn12_pocket.jpg

D6859

Enlightened
Thrunite TN12 worn on the belt, literally, every day. Never had a single problem.

Does it just look like but is your pocket clip black? Have you painted it? I'd prefer a black pocket clip to this silver I have.

markr6

Flashaholic
Good stuff. Thanks for the updates! It's fun to see exactly how everyone is carrying.

markr6

Flashaholic
OK maybe I was overreacting a little about most lights being annoying to EDC. Here's my SC5w OP...not bad. But when sitting down it really pokes out the side. I'm not trying to sound vain but that's really going to rub and eventually wear thru the pants. Definitely won't last long on dress pants.

IMG_1245.jpg

IMG_1246.jpg

IMG_1244.jpg