ArmyTek        
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Announcement: We are upgrading the CPF Mall!

Default Announcement: We are upgrading the CPF Mall!

CandlePowerForums and Panjo are pleased to introduce some changes that are coming to the CPF Mall today.

What is being updated?

• The CPF Mall Image Gallery is moving to http://www.panjo.com/p/candlepowerforums.
    • There is a new, easier-to-use, listing creation process.
    • Search / filtering is much more accurate and faster.
    • You can now see images in full-size.
    • The new CandlePowerForums Image Gallery is 100% mobile and tablet friendly.
    • You will need to be logged into Panjo to list an item for sale in the CPF Mall.
    • With your Panjo account, you can now create new posts on CandlePowerForums directly from the new CPF Mall on Panjo.

What is staying the same?

• You can continue to create new posts directly from the "Post New Thread" button in the CPF Mall Forum.
    • The thread posts that get created with each listing will look and work the same.
    • The purchase process is unchanged.

Contact / Feedback

• The CandlePowerForums community manager, Max, will be monitoring this thread closely.
    • You can email Max directly at Max@panjo.com.
    • You can call the Panjo customer support line at: (424) 272-0291

As always we look forward to your feedback. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.

Default Re: Announcement: We are upgrading the CPF Mall!

What is login account? I can't login new panjo system with my CPF ID/PW.

Hi shrike2222,

You should have received an email with from us with a new temporary password. If not, please email support@panjo.com and I will provide you with a new temporary password to access the marketplace. Sorry about the confusion.

Best,
    Max @ Panjo Support

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by panjo View Post
    Hi shrike2222,

You should have received an email with from us with a new temporary password. If not, please email support@panjo.com and I will provide you with a new temporary password to access the marketplace. Sorry about the confusion.

Best,
    Max @ Panjo Support

Kentucky Bluegrass Region and/or Lake Cumberland area

Why is that when I view my listing in the WTS sub forum it gives the price+free shipping? I am not offering free shipping, and wasn't before the change, but yet when I try to edit the listing on Panjo there is no place to change the type of shipping, it only lets me change to price of the item and it says the shipping is included. Before the change I had it listed as shipping was to be determined and based on the email I thought it would just be changed to $0 and then I would be able to change it back to whatever I wanted after the change over. I would like to be able to set it back to where the shipping is to be determined.

Also how do the sellers fees work now? It had been 3% for CPF fees plus PP's 2.9%+$.30 transaction fee but now I see its a 7% panjo fee. Is there still the CPF fee and PP fee or is it all inclusive in the Panjo fees?

Thanks,
    Tac
    Reliability, NW and moonlight mode, the most important factors in a light

Flashaholic

*Poof*
    Last edited by PocketRocket; 09-08-2015 at 08:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tac Gunner View Post
    Why is that when I view my listing in the WTS sub forum it gives the price+free shipping? I am not offering free shipping, and wasn't before the change, but yet when I try to edit the listing on Panjo there is no place to change the type of shipping, it only lets me change to price of the item and it says the shipping is included. Before the change I had it listed as shipping was to be determined and based on the email I thought it would just be changed to $0 and then I would be able to change it back to whatever I wanted after the change over. I would like to be able to set it back to where the shipping is to be determined.

Also how do the sellers fees work now? It had been 3% for CPF fees plus PP's 2.9%+$.30 transaction fee but now I see its a 7% panjo fee. Is there still the CPF fee and PP fee or is it all inclusive in the Panjo fees?

Thanks,
    Tac
    Tac - We are investigating your WTS question.

Fees: During this transition period, the CPF marketplace is fee free. Panjo is tracking listings and sales and covering your CPF fees on your behalf. CPF is continuing to get the financial support the marketplace provides during this transition period.

Quote Originally Posted by PocketRocket View Post
    Okay. So basically CandlePowerForums and Panjo have deemed it fit to decide for me (and without prior notification to myself) that I should now have an account on a website which I have never ever directly visited until today? Nice. And to top it off there seems to be no way for me to close said account as well? Really nice. Even eBay and PayPal have links on their website pertaining to account closure.
    Panjo and CPF partnered a while ago. You created a Panjo account when you created your first of three listings post partnership about seven months ago. Panjo didn't create accounts for any CPF members who didn't already have Panjo accounts. The problem with your existing Panjo account was that you had to pass through a specific page of CPF to access marketplace tools. In order to give you better access to the marketplace tools, you needed to have a full Panjo credential set. There are a bunch of reasons we moved to this new technical architecture between us. The short list includes: CPF can now provide a better mobile marketplace experience, CPF can now add new features to the marketplace faster, CPF can now provide a higher quality marketplace experience across a greater number of browsers and devices. The old technical architecture of an iFrame inside a PHP-based vBulletin forum was creating increasing issues in a mobile-first world. As for the privacy policy, we'll take a look. We haven't reviewed it in a while. The "Except as limited below" part imposes lots of limits. As a community of community marketplaces, Panjo strives to inspire, educate, and thrill flashlight enthusiasts, NOT disclose data. Thank you for taking the time to share these concerns. Hopefully the above helps provide more clarity around the changes to the CandlePowerForums marketplace.

Thank you for looking into it as I was planning to just delete the listing if it couldn't be changed.

Thank you for looking into it as I was planning to just delete the listing if it couldn't be changed.
    Tac Gunner - I got to the bottom of this.
    1) I just updated the thread post for your Eagletac SX25L2 Turbo and here is the Eagletac SX25L2 listing in the marketplace and here is your seller profile page.

2) We made a poor transition decision. We are working on a MAJOR upgrade to the shipping component of the marketplace. Shortly, you will be able to use the CPF marketplace to print discounted shipping labels. Those new shipping features weren't ready by the migration date. Instead of updating the thread posts to read "Shipping TBD" they read "Free Shipping." We are going to update the thread posts to reflect "shipping tbd." That might not happen until Tuesday. Shortly, we will finish up the addition of a ton of new features related to shipping and shipping discounts for CPF members.

Thank you for calling this out. In the 100s of details we had to navigate, build, and test, the temporary labeling of shipping inside the thread post was a major oversight on our part.
    Last edited by panjo; 09-04-2015 at 12:05 PM.

I have tried with 2 temporary passwords from panjo to log in and it still will not let me.

Quote Originally Posted by stingray3 View Post
    I have tried with 2 temporary passwords from panjo to log in and it still will not let me.
    I just reset your account and emailed you the info.

Quote Originally Posted by PocketRocket View Post
    Okay. So basically CandlePowerForums and Panjo have deemed it fit to decide for me (and without prior notification to myself) that I should now have an account on a website which I have never ever directly visited until today? Nice.

And to top it off there seems to be no way for me to close said account as well? Really nice. Even eBay and PayPal have links on their website pertaining to account closure.

Furthermore I find this little snippet in the Privacy Policy of Panjo a little difficult to absorb:
    Actually... No. YOU had and still have a choice. You don't have to use the Panjo interface to sell products on CPF. You can do it the old fashioned way in the WTS Forums here on CPF. All of this has been explained ad nauseum. A little bit of reading before complaining goes a long way.

I don't know how many more notices and links and explanations I can make so people "get the message". It's all out there - it's all explained - it's NOT complicated. I'm not going to waste anymore of MY time herding cats. And I'm NOT going to apologize for getting just a tad bit annoyed with posts like this where people obviously don't even bother reading the information that is already out there.

In the past it was possible for a Panjo listing to only be available to CPF members. I checked that option in my current listing before the Panjo update. Is this still in effect? I prefer to sell only to CPF members and for listing to only be visible to CPF members

I just reset your account and emailed you the info.
    Yep.....got it....and it works now.....Thanks!

Tac Gunner - I got to the bottom of this.
    1) I just updated the thread post for your Eagletac SX25L2 Turbo and here is the Eagletac SX25L2 listing in the marketplace and here is your seller profile page.

2) We made a poor transition decision. We are working on a MAJOR upgrade to the shipping component of the marketplace. Shortly, you will be able to use the CPF marketplace to print discounted shipping labels. Those new shipping features weren't ready by the migration date. Instead of updating the thread posts to read "Shipping TBD" they read "Free Shipping." We are going to update the thread posts to reflect "shipping tbd." That might not happen until Tuesday. Shortly, we will finish up the addition of a ton of new features related to shipping and shipping discounts for CPF members.

Thank you for calling this out. In the 100s of details we had to navigate, build, and test, the temporary labeling of shipping inside the thread post was a major oversight on our part.
    Thank you for taking care of this so quick! So if I understood correctly we will once again be able to select shipping options just like before once the new shipping features are finished?

So if I understood correctly we will once again be able to select shipping options just like before once the new shipping features are finished?
    Correct!

Quote Originally Posted by recDNA View Post
    In the past it was possible for a Panjo listing to only be available to CPF members. I checked that option in my current listing before the Panjo update. Is this still in effect? I prefer to sell only to CPF members and for listing to only be visible to CPF members
    Great question. Thanks for asking.

Long answer: I just did a google search for the Surefire E1e-HA with Tana Nichia that you are selling. At this second, from my machine in Santa Monica, CA, that search yields the thread post in organic position #1 and the listing on Panjo in organic slot #3. So while there was a historic "only show to CPF" check box, the reality is, that check box didn't do much. In this particular case, it just eliminated the #3 organic result. Even with the checkbox, members of the public could technically find and purchase your item. As before, you can ALWAYS reject/refund a buyer. The item you are selling is your baby. We want to help you get either top dollar and/or the best home for that item. In addition to the shipping tools referenced above, we are also working on significant improvements to the offer system so that accepting or rejecting buyers is easier for reasons discussed in the past.

Short answer: It is not still in effect.

Could you please reset my shipping again, I lowered my price and it went back to saying free shipping

Is there an option for the CPF Mall to stay logged in all the time instead of having to log in every time you get back on your computer and go to the mall?

Could you please reset my shipping again, I lowered my price and it went back to saying free shipping
    Done! (sorry for the temporary hassle of having to ask)

Quote Originally Posted by stingray3 View Post
    Is there an option for the CPF Mall to stay logged in all the time instead of having to log in every time you get back on your computer and go to the mall?
    The short answer is yes. This sound more like a local browser setting than a CPF Mall setting. Are you clearing cookies every time you exit your browser? You should be able to stay logged into CPF and CPF Mall for up to 30 days between sessions.

The short answer is yes. This sound more like a local browser setting than a CPF Mall setting. Are you clearing cookies every time you exit your browser? You should be able to stay logged into CPF and CPF Mall for up to 30 days between sessions.
    No I am not clearing cookies. Yes I stay logged in all the time with CPF. When I go to the mall I have to log in. But when I get off the computer for a while and get back on I am still logged in CPF but I have to log back in the mall.

Done! (sorry for the temporary hassle of having to ask)
    Thanks and no big deal, sorry to have to keep asking.

Is it still possible to view the sold items on the Panjo site?

I now see the check box on the left side of the page. It wasn't there when I posed the question.

~ Chance

Also, I see your having a Seasonal Special where the 7% marketplace fee is waved if the seller also lists their item in another social media platform. Nice! So, if someone lists an item on Panjo and CPF they don't owe you anything? This is this just a limited time offer, right?

Last edited by Chauncey Gardiner; 09-09-2015 at 05:21 PM.
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

Twice now I've attempted to purchase a light on Panjo, only to find out two or three days later the light had been "privately" sold. Problem seems to be some people with a lack of honor are using Panjo to list a light but then sell it Via PM, thus avoiding paying Panjo their 7% fee. Adding insult to reneging on their agreement some can't even bother to edit their sales thread.

As previously stated, this has happened to me twice this month, and I saw it happen one other time where the buyer posted in the sales thread he didn't want to give Panjo his CC info so he requested the sellers PP addy.

I think this type of behavior is pretty damn low class!

~ Chance
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

Right now there is no fee.

That's correct, I already stated that fact in post number 25.

~ Chance

And yet... I've had several people contact me for the CPF PayPal address so they can send their 3% after they have sold their product "privately". Seems our membership is just full of both honest and dishonest members.

I do have to say... and I'm sorry Panjo... but it's looking more and more like the panjo marketplace is not for us...

We really did give it our best shot, I think.

Flashaholic* ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey Gardiner View Post
    Twice now I've attempted to purchase a light on Panjo, only to find out two or three days later the light had been "privately" sold. Problem seems to be some people with a lack of honor are using Panjo to list a light but then sell it Via PM, thus avoiding paying Panjo their 7% fee. Adding insult to reneging on their agreement some can't even bother to edit their sales thread.

As previously stated, this has happened to me twice this month, and I saw it happen one other time where the buyer posted in the sales thread he didn't want to give Panjo his CC info so he requested the sellers PP addy.

I think this type of behavior is pretty damn low class!

~ Chance

Hey Chance - I think you are talking about me in your comment and maybe you should think more about the details behind the posting of not wanting to give panjo my CC information. I use PayPal to make my CPF flashlight purchases. Panjo does not seem to be offering any option to make a purchase via PayPal. Real simple - not low class. Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast