Fenix CL25R alternatives?

Spades45

Newly Enlightened
I want an LED lantern powered by 18650s. I am about to pull the trigger on the Fenix CL25R unless someone wants to sway me otherwise :). Are there any good alternatives in the sub-$100 range? I want something compact for casual camping, not those emergency survival ones that are huge and bulky.

Thanks in advance.

GreySave

Enlightened
Ah...Only 280 lumens and only runs for 6 hours on TWO 18650 batteries? That does not sound very efficient at all. I am not sure that extra 80 lumens over the CL25R is worth eating up a second cell. Am I missing something???

Poppy

Flashaholic
Ah...Only 280 lumens and only runs for 6 hours on TWO 18650 batteries? That does not sound very efficient at all. I am not sure that extra 80 lumens over the CL25R is worth eating up a second cell. Am I missing something???

—unless the circuit is fully regulated without dimming until the end.
My Fenix TK35 with an XML emitter does about 350 lumens for 5 hours, and 109 lumens for 16 hours. This lantern states that it produces 100 lumens for 18 hours on low.

So it sounds about right.

I only saw a few reviews, and of those that I have seen, no one discussed tint. I saw a quick video review, and from what I could tell, it seemed to be a cool white, not a warm, or neutral white.