M2 bezel's light on 6P

akula88

Enlightened
M2 bezel\'s light on 6P

Hi,

I have installed an M2+P61 Bezel on my 6P. I noticed that the bezel produces a couple of rings on the periphery of the beam. The original bezel has a cleaner beam pheriphery. Could this be due to the "rubber stopper" on the M2 lens, whereas it is non-existent on the original (non-hex) 6P bezel?

Johnny

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: M2 bezel\'s light on 6P

Also, if I'm understanding you correctly, it could be due to the plastic retaining ring which screws down from the top inside of the bezel onto the pyrex lens. You will notice that this ring has notches in it for the spanner wrench, and these show up in the beam profile. The extra distance of the S/I bezel should not cause problems as it absorbs a certain amount of light which would otherwise end up on the periphery of the beam. As for the P61 vs P60, I find that the HOLA has a nicer beam. But really, in actual use, it's all good if it's a SF.

akula88

Enlightened

I never realize that the plastic retaining ring ("rubber stopper") is a screw on for the pyrex.

Anybody has older Z32 Shock-Isolated Bezel? How's the light vs the original bezel?

GeoffChan

Enlightened

Pyrex lenses aren't screwed into place. They're glued in.

I think the M2 bezel gives off better light quality over the Z32.

Geoff

Latest posts