Fires while charging jump starter (LiPo)

Gauss163

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just stumbled upon a couple more fires while browsing the Amazon reviews of this LiPo car jump starter. In the 1-star reviews there are 2 reports of this unit catching on fire while charging - see below. This illustrates an important point: many of these budget-minded chargers have been designed without any competent safety design. Caveat emptor.

sandyleon wrote on Amazon on Aug 22 said:
I bought 3 of these April of this year for myself and 2 daughters. They worked great, and we did not use them too often. Yesterday about 3 she started charging the charger. It has 2 bars when she started. At 11 that night it exploded and caught fire. Completely melted it but since she was still awake got the fire out before anything burned. She has smoke damage to clean up and some small plastic things laying close on counter melted. I am just writing this as a warning to others using this product. I am immediately throwing my away and so is my other daughter getting rid of hers

Melissa wrote on Amazon on Aug 21 said:
I would rate this a five but it caught on fire in my hotel room around 4am while we were sleeping with my infant in the room. It was completely dead, so I decided to charge the unit for the first time for our long road trip. This just happened earlier today and this is why I'm writing this review. Please do not leave this unit plugged in while you or your family are asleep. This lit on fire with >2 ft flame that could've ended badly because it was just one foot from a curtain. It was charging on the desk but the fire ended up on the floor. Please beware!!!! I'm still shaking and it happened like 6 hours ago. I can't Believe it still!!!!

ChI0V.jpg
jE1XA.jpg

Last edited: