TITAN PLUS

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you Bullzeyebill! My Titan Plus is scheduled for delivery this coming Friday. I'm looking forward to helping further define some of the questions that surround this light!

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Initial impressions:
Nicely built.
Includes one 900mAh eneloop pro AAA cell. Alkaline and Lithium cells all fit without being too tight.
Easy to use one-handed, even switching between modes (probably because the head is so long).
Clip is nice, strong and removable.
Quick detach tail cap (which appears to be made out of nitrolon) is somewhat difficult to remove (which I like). You have to pull pretty hard at an angle to get it to separate.
Somewhat weighty for it's size.
My biggest concern so far is that the light flickers, mainly in medium mode and sometimes on high & low. But this is not consistent.

Run time test on max output with fully charged eneloop pro produced a slowly diminishing output from the moment the light was turned on. After about 30 minutes brightness was down to approximately the medium setting output (75 lumens).

Surefire Titan Plus package back

Surefire Titan Plus package

Surefire Titan Plus

Surefire Titan Plus

Surefire Titan Plus reflector

Surefire Titan Plus LED

Surefire Titan Plus inside

Surefire Titan Plus

Titan Plus beamshot Thrunite TIS on left, Surefire Titan Plus on right in medium mode.

Thrunite TIS on the left vs Surefire Titan Plus (Medium Mode) on the right

Thrunite TIS on the left vs Surefire Titan Plus (High Mode) on the right

Titan Plus & Thrunite TIS

Last edited:

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone with this new Titan Plus know if the host has the rolled lip on it, or has it been removed?

nbp

Flashaholic
Since were starting over here: Dang that looks really nice. I held off so long on the A I may just skip it and go for a B. I love the look of the Nickel plated brass. Are the threads super smooth?

scout24

Flashaholic
I'd love to hear how strong that clip is. Captured under the tailcap, I'm sure it's not going anywhere. Is it strong enough to really grab a pocket???

kssmith

Enlightened
Does anyone with this new Titan Plus know if the host has the rolled lip on it, or has it been removed?

What rolled lip? Just for clarity.
Also; I know this isn't a sales thread, and I'm not trying to make it one, so hopefully I won't get into trouble. but if anybody wants a free plastic quick detach thingy and the included rechargeable battery, from the plus. PM me. I won't use them.

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
With the other Titan A, the host had a thin rolled lip on some of the early models that had battery fitment issues. Surefire then removed the thin rolled lip as their fix to the issue on later released models.

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
is it just me or does the LED in your Titan Plus look waaaay off center?

Not sure we're supposed to mention it here, idk.☺

Edit to clarify a bit.
That was pointed out as well as o ring and reflector being off center in other Titan thread, just was not mentioned here idk, as that is a problem child.
Others need to be wary of that on receiving their own.

Last edited:

GMUGNIER

Newly Enlightened
Extremely nice light, I am not a huge fan of the off center led. For the price that Sure Fire charges these things ought to be perfect.

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
The beam looks very similar to the SL Protac 1AAA only the ProTac has what appears to be a more neutral tint. The ProTac also appears to have additional spill while maintaining a slightly tighter hotspot. Photos are always tough call though. Rock solid so far although when I received it the tail cap needed cleaned. Since then not a whimper with a couple hundred hours on it so far.

2:30 @ 70 lumens on High with L91's. 22 Hours @ 5 lumens on low ( PWM on low ). The lens seal is very thick and centered as well as the emitter ( great waterproofing ). While subjective, I also find the reflector visually more appealing while producing a great beam. Forward clicky, programable and excellent CS from Streamlight, lifetime warranty. $30 on Amazon. Maybe worth a look if you're in the AAA market and need something reliable. I love mine.

Im very curious of the throw numbers @ 75 lumens if anyone has them. Also does someone happen to have the length without the plastic thing?

Also what is the runtime @ 75 lumens? EDIT: 2HRs with the included eneloop. 5 more lumens for 1/2 hr less runtime on the TITAN.

Thanks.

Last edited:

bartko09

Enlightened
What rolled lip? Just for clarity.
Also; I know this isn't a sales thread, and I'm not trying to make it one, so hopefully I won't get into trouble. but if anybody wants a free plastic quick detach thingy and the included rechargeable battery, from the plus. PM me. I won't use them.

Kevin - What battery are you using with it. Please tell me a 10440. [emoji23]

That was the reason behind me asking if anyone knew what driver they were using [emoji6]

marinemaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Protac has a clicky switch. In my opinion 1xAAA and clicky switch just do not go together. That works from 1xAA and up. 2xAAA clicky is ok, but from a functional and length point of view SF Titan twist 1xAAA is better in my opinion and is shorter and one hand twist comes natural.

RobertMM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also what is the runtime @ 75 lumens? EDIT: 2HRs with the included eneloop. 5 more lumens for 1/2 hr less runtime on the TITAN.

Thanks.

2hrs at 75 for the Eneloop Pro included, Forrest. Runtime at 75 may be longer with primary lithiums. I won't be surprised if the Titan Plus achieves 2.5hrs with them as well.

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
2hrs at 75 for the Eneloop Pro included, Forrest. Runtime at 75 may be longer with primary lithiums. I won't be surprised if the Titan Plus achieves 2.5hrs with them as well.

Thanks.

Thought of that after I posted.