need to replace Xeno E03. Something better available?

islw2863

Newly Enlightened
After several years of daily use as a work light I have lost my Xeno E03. (Second time I have made a post like this)

Is there something new that has more of the features I loved about this light ?

What I loved....

Very high output with lithium 14500
Straight body, fits my holster without forceing
Inexpensive. Still available for ~ $35

The high output is important because I use it mainly for momentary inspections of empty trailers and ocean containers at night. The small size is important because I have to carry it with me on my belt continuously so I have it with me at all times.

I have already shopped it on Amazon. It is still available, but only just. It is no longer available with neutral or warm emitter, nor black body, on Amazon anyway.

Is there something else that meets the description above. I am willing to spend more than $35

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Enlightened
After several years of daily use as a work light I have lost my Xeno E03. (Second time I have made a post like this) Is there something new that has more of the features I loved about this light ? What I loved.... Very high output with lithium 14500 Straight body, fits my holster without forceing Inexpensive. Still available for ~ $35 The high output is important because I use it mainly for momentary inspections of empty trailers and ocean containers at night. The small size is important because I have to carry it with me on my belt continuously so I have it with me at all times. I have already shopped it on Amazon. It is still available, but only just. It is no longer available with neutral or warm emitter, nor black body, on Amazon anyway. Is there something else that meets the description above. I am willing to spend more than $35 Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
Since you're already comfortable using lithium ions, would it be a leap to jump to 18650 cells? Your options would expand significantly and not to mention much more battery life. We're talking about 4-5x more battery life at the 500 lumen level at the cost of maybe 30% more length.

hiuintahs

Flashlight Enthusiast
...................I have already shopped it on Amazon. It is still available, but only just. It is no longer available with neutral or warm emitter, nor black body, on Amazon anyway............
The one I saw on Amazon is sold by Redilast. That is the same as Jason at EDCPLUS.com and he has more selection at his website and has them in neutral. (XM-L2, T6 neutral white) $32.50.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had my blue XM-L T5 NW for years and while it doesn't get carried much due to its lacking a pocket clip, it's a pretty bright light, or was back in 2012.

Like H. states, EDC+ (Redilast) has them and if you're comfortable with the size, the newer XM-L2s are a bit brighter and have the blinkies, without being any bigger/heavier. I use mine with an unprotected Sanyo UR14500P 840mAh cell and it has always been a screamer.

Chris

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
OP could consider the new Zebralight SC600 Mark III. Pretty punchy if we can step up to the power of 18650. Better runtimes, better flexibility, user programmable. I'm almost to the point of pulling the trigger on one, only thing stopping me is I have the last version of the SC600 and this one is only incrementally better. My SC600 beats the crap out of most of my unmodded lights in that size category and even beats a few bigger unmodified lights.

All bets are off once we move to modded lights. Different world.

Anyway, It feels smaller in the hand and in the pocket than its stats suggest. My only ding against it is I think they could have gone with a better clip instead of that pop-off clip they went with. Would have preferred a screw-on clip as they've done with some of their other lights.

Still though, really tempting. Then again, there is the new ZL SC5. Too many Zebralights, too little time.

Last edited:

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
OP could consider the new Zebralight SC600 Mark III. Pretty punchy if we can step up to the power of 18650. Better runtimes, better flexibility, user programmable. I'm almost to the point of pulling the trigger on one, only thing stopping me is I have the last version of the SC600 and this one is only incrementally better. My SC600 beats the crap out of most of my unmodded lights in that size category and even beats a few bigger unmodified lights.

All bets are off once we move to modded lights. Different world.

Anyway, It feels smaller in the hand and in the pocket than its stats suggest. My only ding against it is I think they could have gone with a better clip instead of that pop-off clip they went with. Would have preferred a screw-on clip as they've done with some of their other lights.

Still though, really tempting. Then again, there is the new ZL SC5. Too many Zebralights, too little time.

The OP wants a small, straight walled light that runs on an AA, or 14500. Maybe the SC5 is what he wants, but it's not as thin as the E03. Now, the E03 lacks a pocket clip, but that doesn't seem to bother the OP, so he should just get another one, IMO and be done with it. They're not the end all, be all in lights, but they can be pretty bright and they are fairly thin, for what they do.

I looked on Ebay and you can get them with WW XP-G2, WW XM-L2s, NW XM-L2 NW XP-G2s, and CWs in both, if you do a basic search.

All for under $34 shipped.

Chris

Enlightened
The OP wants a small, straight walled light that runs on an AA, or 14500. Maybe the SC5 is what he wants, but it's not as thin as the E03. Now, the E03 lacks a pocket clip, but that doesn't seem to bother the OP, so he should just get another one, IMO and be done with it. They're not the end all, be all in lights, but they can be pretty bright and they are fairly thin, for what they do. I looked on Ebay and you can get them with WW XP-G2, WW XM-L2s, NW XM-L2 NW XP-G2s, and CWs in both, if you do a basic search. All for under $34 shipped. Chris
I was thinking something like the Convoy S2+ which is available cheap and in pretty much any CCT imaginable. The only real issue is size as it's slightly longer than the E03 and slightly larger in diameter.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was thinking something like the Convoy S2+ which is available cheap and in pretty much any CCT imaginable. The only real issue is size as it's slightly longer than the E03 and slightly larger in diameter.

I have an S2 2.8A XM-L T5-5C rosy tint and it's a lot bigger than the E03, but it's ultimately brighter and as you note, you can configure them in a lot of driver outputs and tints.

No pocket clip on either means that they sit at home mostly and both get hot very quickly on li-ions, so if you can live with 'high' in small doses, the higher output is nice.

I think that for what the OP wants and what the XM-L2 v3 E03s cost, shipped, he should probably just go with another. Heck, I'm thinking of buying one of the new versions in red, just because I'm still fond of the light. It's got a nice blue finish, silver bezel, glow in the dark o-ring under the lens and switch cover and finally, an interesting shape.

Chris

islw2863

Newly Enlightened
I decided to buy another sample of the same Xeno E03. I bought from an e bay seller and it shipped to me in one week from Hong Kong.

Thanks for your suggestions.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
I decided to buy another sample of the same Xeno E03. I bought from an e bay seller and it shipped to me in one week from Hong Kong.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Probably a good idea for what you wanted in and out of a light.

HKequipment?

Color, emitter? He seems to have the whole gauntlet.

Chris