• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

McGizmo Haiku and Sundrop Customization?

sbtaylor

Newly Enlightened
Let me introduce myself as this is my first post, my name is Skyler Taylor. My question is, how do I change the O-rings and tail cap boot on my McGizmo Haiku? Or Sundrop? I've seen pictures on here before of a mule with blue o-rings and a blue tail cap boot and want to know if someone can provide a step by step for me on how to take everything apart? Thanks guys!

McGizmo

Flashaholic
To remove the switch boot, you should be able to pinch it between your thumb and forefinger and just pull it out the back of the pack. The retaining o-ring may or may not come out with the boot. If not, you will want to remove it as well. with a small diameter pic or needle you can fish the retaining O-ring out. All that's left is the switch and if you wish to remove it, it will unscrew out the back using some needle nose or round nose pliers ot cir-clip pliers or similar tool used in the two drive holes on the top of the switch body. With the switch firmly tightened in the pak, you would then install the boot and insure that its flange is seated evenly down in the groove in the pak. You then insert the retaining O-ring into this groove on top of the flange working it securely into the groove as you work around the circumference. Hope that helps.

sbtaylor

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Don that was really easy! I may be looking at getting either a mule or a sundrop head soon and was wondering how to go about changing the orings on the head. Any tips would be appreciated! Thanks again! Also, I just received my 1xAA body, planning to use with a 14500, and I love how slim it is!

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another reason to buy McGizmo lights. The man himself will respond to questions.

Did you read my other suggestion on getting a few dental picks? That is what I use to remove the orings very carefully.