Looking to run 8" led light bar with battery in backpack

mike393

Newly Enlightened
Not the best with electricity so looking for some advice. The kit I was told to run on my bike will run me around $450. Was wondering if I can make this number a bit lower by buying a light getting a battery of some sort preferably lightweight and able to work well in cold conditions as it will mainly be used in the winter on a timbersled. Would like at least 4hrs of run time out of the light. I would like to have the light bright enough to light out around 60 feet if possible. Any recommendations on a light bar and battery that word do this for me? Thanks

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to the CandlePowerForums, mike393.

The kit I was told to run on my bike will run me around $450.
it will mainly be used in the winter on a timbersled.

What "kit"? What "bike"? What "timbersled"?

Could you be a little more specific? We might be better prepared to help you if you prepare a better question.

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is just an example, I'm not endorsing the seller or the item, per se, but check out eBay listing 171253597226. It's an 8" LED light bar for $22.50 delivered. It draws 3 amps at 12 volts.

Then, check out eBay listing 121016087316. It is an 18aH sealed lead acid battery. This will run your light for approx 4.8 hours. It is $31.60 delivered.

Of course, I'm assuming you live in the US so shipping costs may not be accurate if you're OCONUS.

copiertech

Newly Enlightened
A lot of light bars will run 10-30v dc so you can buy a cheap 18v lithium powertool and cut the battery holder off it to run your light. You get a reasonably priced, quick release ready made lightweight battery pack and a safe fast charger.