Do you carry a spare cell? If so how?

GearHunter

Enlightened
Like the title says do you all carry a spare cell? I thought of asking this this afternoon when I dropped my keys and the co-worker that picked them up asked me what the tube on my keys was. Told him and he say " makes sense, guess that light in your pocket would be no good without juice."
And if you do have you found a way that works for you that's nice and easy so you are not temped to leave the house without it!

Here's mine. The ever so simple but too expensive cr123 derlin battery locker from county comm. the best way I've found. It's small so takes up no room and fits in the pocket well. Weighs a a fraction of a gram more then the cell so I never even notice it in my keys.

0E299ADA-3508-4C84-B014-5B9B5D30BE7E_zpso81adajj.jpg

E0E36873-F203-4681-8FA7-1C65B1B76ED9_zps20vf3z8h.jpg

Last edited:

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmm, love them delrin cases though.

Just did a quick body check, fall weather, means jacket on,
so four lights on my person at this particular moment.
Go ahead laugh.
I swear to the high heavens above these lights subliminally flash carry me.

Taz80

Enlightened
I carry spares in my truck and work bag. No spares on my person, just an extra light or two.

geisto

Newly Enlightened
I have a spare 3400mah protected 18650 inside an Airborne effervescent tablet tube in my bag. Provides backup for either my Fraz QTC light or Malkoff MD2-M61T-HOT.

[h=1][/h]

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
I mostly EDC my V11R, or my D25C Ti. clicky and don't carry a spare cell. I have a coin cell on my keychain, so I have that as a spare light.

Seecamp .32, pack of gum, SAK SwissChamp, flip phone, wallet and keys, so I'm already bogged down as it is.

Chris

UnderPar

Enlightened
On a daily basis, I don't carry an extra battery but a spare light. I normally go out of the house with a minimum of 2 lights. But there were instances when we went to a remote area or mountains that I did carry extra batteries for obvious purposes. All of them were cased in a battery clam shell.

insanefred

Enlightened
My SAR team requires you to carry spare batteries. I am about to switch to those little waterproof match cases for my 18650s.

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
My SAR team requires you to carry spare batteries. I am about to switch to those little waterproof match cases for my 18650s.
I have a pile of them waterproof containers myself for spare cells. Excellent cost and no loss worries.
When I need spares, I use them too.

uofaengr

Enlightened
Tried upping my EDC keychain game this year putting a AA and AAA delrin battery lockers along with a little pry bar and flash drive on there, but couldn't keep it on my keys for long. Just too much bulk. I like having a spare on my person, but now in my EDC bag I keep all that spare keychain crap including the delrin cases. Plus I keep a TN12 in there as a spare light and it serves as a 18650 holder. I feel covered no matter the battery type I'm EDCing that day.

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
kinda.
my main carry light is a HDS/Ra clicky (GDP170 tactical)
takes 1xCR123 or RCR123 (i keep an RCR in it)

spare cell lives in a really solid threaded aluminium tube, that just happens to HDS systems written on one end.
space cell lives in a spare light, a HDS Twisty TW100

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Like the OP, I carry a single CR123 in a derlin battery locker to compliment my HDS 170N. I usually have a small AAA light on me as a backup as well. :)

MidnightDistortions

Flashlight Enthusiast
Most of the time i don't need to carry extra batteries. I work at a place where i can easily grab another set of AA cells if i need them, plus there's plenty of flashlights that should be checked monthly so in the event i do need more cells i can always buy some, if not there's other flashlights i could use there. If i am not at work usually i'll carry two lights, the T7 can last an additional week even on near dead NiMH cells so there's really no need for me to carry around additional batteries but if i know i'll be gone for a few days i keep a few spares in those plastic AA or AAA containers, especially if i am out camping i would carry the T7, LD41, 2D Mag and another light so i would have 4 lights all with battery backups.

Spade115

Newly Enlightened
I ordered one of these in 4 cell instead of 6. It was 5 bucks so figured why not. suppose to be waterproof, will test it out before I put my batteries in it.

I have a backpack coming in for when I am on my motorcycle so this will be in the bag at all times.

opplanet-surefire-battery-lamp-carrier-sc1.jpg

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
My EDC is a FourSevens Mini123.
I do not carry a spare cell on my body.
In my car I have a Surefire SC1 with 6 cells and a P60, along with a 4 pack of cells in a Store-a-cell holder. I also have a 6P/M61 and a Fury.

herman30

Newly Enlightened
I edc spare 18650`s in clear plastic boxes. Two boxes with two batteries in each = 4 x 18650. Plus plastic boxes with AA Eneloops, four Eneloops in two boxes = 8 x AA Eneloop. Keep them in a Pocket Organizer-pouch, in my the pocket of my Fjällräven vest.
EDC-lights are Fenix TK22 and Zebralight H501. 18650-batteries are also intended for my CL25R lantern allthough I do not EDC that one. But it goes with me everytime I´m travelling.