Philips Saferide dynamo light - still on sale...

Savvas

Enlightened
Hi Folks,

This is not meant as a 'promotion' - just as a note about a reliable source of relevant bike stuff! I just wanted to mention that Bike24 still have the great Philips Saferide dynamo light on sale. It's Eu49 which IMHO is a pretty good deal. I've bought quite a bit of practical bike stuff from Bike24 (I'm in Australia) and they have proved ultra-reliable. Umm yes - they did once send me an enormous, high-tech Fox downhill fork meant for someone in the west of Ireland (I'd ordered a couple of small CatEye lights I think), but we got that sorted out easily and they were v/apologetic - and generous in compensating me for the bother in sending it all back!

Bike24 are a useful source of small bits and pieces like Vaude covers for your Brooks saddles or for your rear basket (I said 'practical' right!) and CatEye lighting rack mounts and the like. If you are careful, you can get quite a lot in the box for minimal postage costs. I just keep a list of smallish bits and pieces that I need and put in an order when I can afford to. I've just received 2 of the Saferide dynamo lights which I'll put away for a rainy day. The Saferide pairs very well with the B&M Topline rear light BTW...

It does seem a great shame that Philips have discontinued the Safelight - especially the twin-LED dynamo light. There's this concept I've read about called 'appropriate technology', referring to items that demonstrate not too much and not too little in the way of design, complexity and complication and are just right for the intended task. The Saferide seemed to me more-or-less 'just right' and at a reasonable cost. Which IMHO is what bikes ought to be about...

Savvas.