Custom LED's on an Alpha Custom

tab665

Flashlight Enthusiast
im going to send mine in for a LED upgrade once the LED arrives. going to try out a 5000k XP-L HI and see how it does in the boom reflector. might be awesome, might be a dud.

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: what are the LED's on offer on the alpha customs?.

the 5000 is pure white right?.
whats the difference with that and the makers choice of 4500MCE?.

thanks

im going to send mine in for a LED upgrade once the LED arrives. going to try out a 5000k XP-L HI and see how it does in the boom reflector. might be awesome, might be a dud.

Last edited:

tab665

Flashlight Enthusiast

im still waiting for the LED's to arrive. once they do, i will send it out to be upgraded. i have a RM that i will be able to compare it to once i get it back.

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ok thanks and send a pic!.

im still waiting for the LED's to arrive. once they do, i will send it out to be upgraded. i have a RM that i will be able to compare it to once i get it back.

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi tab where can I pick up one of those 5000 xpl LEDs?.
im I'm London and may send it off to Jason or have it delivered to him when he builds me a ready made custom.

tab665

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi tab where can I pick up one of those 5000 xpl LEDs?.
im I'm London and may send it off to Jason or have it delivered to him when he builds me a ready made custom.
i ordered mine from intl-outdoor. however, mtnelectronics has them in stock now. if i dont receive them by Monday im going to go ahead and order more from mtnelectronics. for what its worth, i will send jason 2 LED's because accidents happen. so, he may end up with an extra.

tab665

Flashlight Enthusiast

I just received back my updated blue label. originally it was a XM-L with a TIR. now its a XP-L HI with a boom reflector. also had the driver upgraded to the Icarus. Jason even did another report card for my light... over 980 lumens now!!! nice even tint across the beam, and an intense hotspot. im going to have to figure out how to do beamshots one of these days!

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast

I just received back my updated blue label. originally it was a XM-L with a TIR. now its a XP-L HI with a boom reflector. also had the driver upgraded to the Icarus. Jason even did another report card for my light... over 980 lumens now!!! nice even tint across the beam, and an intense hotspot. im going to have to figure out how to do beamshots one of these days!
Congrats on your Blue Label.
For beamshots I use two tripods, one for the camera and the other as the light holder.
GL