The Oldest LIGHT, Flashlight, Torch... In the world.

StuGatz

Enlightened
Last night I had the fortunate opportunity to take in and test the oldest light in the world. This is older than LEDs, Incandescents, HIDs, Neon, Florescents, hell even candles and fire. This was an example of a "blood" version with a very special filter so can you guess what it was and the filter used? :D

DSC04312.jpg

DSC04327.jpg

DSC04320.jpg

Last edited:

Nicrod

Flashaholic
Great image!! What part of the world are you in?
In California, last night was a Full Moon! I happen to be admiring it too.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ha, cute. We had cloud cover all night long. I couldn't see anything but the beams of my flashlights. Which was fun too.

Nice pics..

No wait, its the Original Moon Mode. But on blood moon, it would likely still be too bright for some of the folks here. ha!

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice, I grabbed some hip shot pictures on my camera last night too.
Never grabbed them off camera yet.
+1 on yours👍

Greta

Flashaholic
Took this one with my cell phone in between shots with my real cameras... (click on thumbnail for larger image).

IMG_3014.jpg

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oldest light? Hmmm... let's see....

Ah! The Big Bang. It was so bright, it's still echoing through the Universe as background radiation. :)

Finally! A light bright enough for me. I want one.

London666

Newly Enlightened
My relatives walked in the house after wasting about an hour watching the eclipse. They told me it was so cloudy they could barely see anything. My reply: "Rip off!"

Flashy808

Enlightened
Hmm lemme check the specs of that ancient light. Powered by high powered bulb aka Sun which runs on a very explosive reaction. Has insanely long runtimes for its class of lumens. It seems to be acting like a sort of massive reflector no not the plastic or aluminium kind... Distance? Let's just say it's more of a flooder than a thrower :)

Poppy

Flashaholic
Last night I had the fortunate opportunity to take in and test the oldest light in the world. This is older than LEDs, Incandescents, HIDs, Neon, Florescents, hell even candles and fire. This was an example of a "blood" version with a very special filter so can you guess what it was and the filter used?
Hmmm, that light is as old as dirt!

Regarding the filter, did you use a polarizing lens? Thanks for sharing the pictures, I looked out, but the sky was too overcast to see the eclipse.

lampeDépêche

Flashlight Enthusiast
Look, I'm a sub-lumen fan.

And that thing is just far too bright.

I'm just not going to buy one of these, until they come out with a version that has a proper moonlight mode.

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
But isn't the light from the moon by definition... moonlight?

Are you saying the moon doesn't have a moonlight mode? I thought that was the benchmark or something. :confused:

It's even got multiple moonlight modes, depending on the phase at the time.

Flashy808

Enlightened
^^^wow nice Photoshopping?

And yeah the throw is pretty decent in my opinion for a moonlight mode ;)

I kind of saw the full moon coming it was the Chinese Mid-Autumn festival. It's supposed to be the most round at that time :).