Small AAA or AA red light to clip on back of my headlamp as a location beacon

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey guys as the title states I'm looking for a small light to clip on the back of the Fenix HL35 I'm ordering tomorrow to use as a location beacon/indicator. When my wife and I take our son on walks at night I currently wear a Coast headlamp and then hang a light off my belt so people coming up behind us can see me. What I am looking for is a small AAA or AA red light similar to the Fenix HL05 or Pelican Mini Flasher 2130 that I can clip to the back middle band of the Fenix HL35 to replace the light hanging off my belt loop. We walk in our subdivision that has street lights and is very low traffic but I still feel more comfortable with a rear facing light. The HL05 or 2130 will work but I'm trying to avoid coin cells and stick with eneloop compatible lights but none exist I will probably get an HL05.

Thanks,
Tac

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cateye makes a red, 3 LED bike tailight that also has a clip. It flashes in different modes as well as constant on. 2 AAA's.
I have used it with my son when he was younger, clipping it on the back of his coat, on his hood.

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cateye makes a red, 3 LED bike tailight that also has a clip. It flashes in different modes as well as constant on. 2 AAA's.
I have used it with my son when he was younger, clipping it on the back of his coat, on his hood.

Do you by chance remember which ones they were? All of the models I'm looking at on their website are handlebar mount only.- *nvm I wasn't looking in the right section, I found them*

Str8stroke thanks for the suggestion, I saw a few of their items that may work. By the way have you gotten an xhp50 drop in yet?

Last edited: