Lorain Rectifier Help - AN/VSS-1 Power supplies

cowboyfoomp

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys. I have a pair of A100B25 Lorain Rectifier's that were purchased LNIB on that big auction site. I have powered them up only to find they are outputting 12vdc and not the 28V they are stickered at. I am hoping we have a telco tech on here who are familiar with them. Or someone may have a manual for them. I hope to get my AN/VSS-1 running soon!

So the short story goes like this. Apply power, initial output is 13.5VDC, after a moment I hear a click and the RFA light illuminates and the output drops to 12.93Vdc. I attempted to adjust the EQ pot to turn the voltage up but after many many turns it only moved 0.05dc to 12.98.

I would welcome any help or suggestions.
Thank you!
Wade

BVH

Flashaholic
I too would love to find a manual on these units. I've looked many times over the years to no avail. Do you have any recourse with the seller since these were supposed to be new old stock?

I've played with Sorensen DC variable power supplies. They have a "DB" connector on the back. In order to program the unit for local or remote operation, certain pins are jumpered. If the connector is missing, the unit will power up and the displays will light up but no power output and no control is possible. I assume the multi-pin connector on the back of yours has a similar purpose and without knowing the pinout, it would be almost impossible to guess the correct jumper positions. Same with the DIP switch you mentioned in the PM. I cannot believe there aren't some electronic manuals out there. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable than us will chime in.

cowboyfoomp

Newly Enlightened
BVH, dude.. Sorry to bombard you with PMs. I never saw a inline post or any confirmation that the PM was actually sent. I thought it was either my browser or my failure. Anyway, I hope someone lurking posts a manual. I would really enjoy having a pin out. Or knowing what the control labels mean. Or something beyond the hunt and peck with a voltmeter.

My major concern is I was volunteered to have these an/vss-1 units on display Tuesday and just today opened the power supply units as they have been sitting since their purchase in May. I do have the generators for these but it is VERY loud and I only have one tested and functional.

Anyone lend a hand?
Wade