The Fenix-Store
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's your "grab" light?

Flashaholic*

Default What\'s your \"grab\" light?

EDC is nice and all, but often there tends to be one specific light that you always end up using when there's a need in the house or whatever. I don't have a backyard or lawn, so most of my needs are the "Dang, i don't want to hit the switch, i'll just grab a torch", or "Let's have a little more light here" type.

Anyway, my favorite is my Minimag with BB400. Plenty bright, and depending on what reflector/optic is in there, i get flood, spot/flood, or largish spot. (McFlood, NX-05/Minimag reflector, NX-01)

This suits my needs around the house very well and is a handy form factor.

What light fits your needs around the house like a glove?

Sometimes when i need to put the light out there, i grab my spotlight. But that's leaning towards the show-offish side [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Flashaholic*

Default Re: What\'s your

my favorite around the house light right now is the Streamlight 3AA luxeon.. course my around the house light is actually an around the *apartment* light, so it's the perfect amount of light for everything from taking the trash to the dumpster to looking in my cat's ears..

a close 2nd comes from the Arc LSL with the 1X123 powerpack.. it's so small i can set it somewhere handy without it looking cluttery and messy..
    it's a decoration in itself. *lol*

My new Streamlight TT-2L. I'm pretty impressed with how useful the LED mode is. The xenon mode can be used pretty sparingly, but definitely good to have when more brightness and throw are needed.

I EDC a McLux, but my most used light still is my Lambda Illuminator, due to its capability to use NiMHa's ; It is used every night while walking my dog. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

My "go to" light is a McLux PR-T-BB611 head running a Luxeon III led with a bead blasted reflector, hosted on a McLux 1x123 (EN) plated battery pack. It doesn't have a ton of throw but it is the most beautiful flood beam you have ever seen.

Flashaholic*

Default Re: What\'s your \'\'grab\'\' light?

Mine tends to be the newest light ive got. Right now its the ARC4+...what a fantastic little light! Its got the best beam of any light i own with a 1" diameter. Very tight spot, with a large useful spill.

Flashaholic*

For around the house I use a plain ole' unmodded 'AA' MiniMag running on NiMH's. If I grab wood off the woodpile or go into the garage I grab the TT-3C or Stinger XT HP. When I run the dogs lately I have been using my SL-35X. Besides the NiCAD Stick that came with it I also have x5 9amp D-Cell NiMH's that work out just fine, gives exceptional runtime!

Dave

Flashaholic*

Fix the leaky pipe- SL 4AA7LED
    Go to the John-CMG Infinity Ultra
    Bumps in the night-SL TL-3 Xenon

Flashaholic*

Default Re: What\'s your \"grab\" light?

My go to light around the house is my L4, if I'm looking for a specific item, otherwise its a CMG ultra g. I can lay it parallel to the handle of my walker and navigate around the place without nailing every piece of furniture on the way. My ARCs are reserved for jacuzzi duty (I trust their water resistance ability)

Flashaholic*

Streamlight Stinger with pop open red lens.

Flashaholic

I have changed my "go to" light many times, but I think i've found a nice one in my Streamlight 4AA LED Pro Polymer

Really like the flood of light that come out, and it's very useful for guiding my way down the stairs if I don't want to wake others up.

For things that go bump in the night, my TL-3 or Pelican M6 are preferred, and for taking walks in the neighborhood, my scorpion OR G2

Flashaholic*

Getting up in the night - Stylus
    Other - Mag 3C

Ain't that awful?

Jerry

For me as well a
    Mini Mag modded with BB400/Kroll and a double Barrel
    wrap ... I use it mainly around the house. Normal EDC
    is ARC AAA and SF E2E ...

cheers
    Ralf

I've really enjoyed the SLTT 2L and Inova X5 But I've been using my new SF A2 Religiously!! since I got it last week---

Mine is the Surefire 10X Dominator. Size doesn't matter, it's how you use it. Need I say more???

Flashaholic*

That is an easy one!
    The "go to" light for my family is the Elektrolumens Anglelux 2D anglehead military flashlight. It will stand on it's tail, can clip to a vest or belt, has a ring in the bottom for tieing to trees, is waterproof and runs for over 24 hours on 2 D cells. It is very bright, regulated and has a wide beam with decent throw. It is large enough and with camo, easy enough to see so not to lose.
    If I need dim light, the ArcAA is on the keychain.

Flashaholic*

Arc AAA in the house in the "wee" hours. AA MiniM*g BB 400/Kroll in house and walks in dark woods with the dogs. Scorpion for bumps and may accompany the BB outside.

30-days ago, my go-to light was an LSH-P. Now it's an Arc4. If additional lighting is needed, it's either an L4, L5 or A2, depending on the need. If that's not good enough, it's the UltraStinger or supercharged 2C-Mag. If I really need to light up the night, it's the M6.... SureFire M6 that is.

I like my TT 3C for around the house duty. It is in my car glovebox right now, but I keep going out to get it. I plan to replace it with a TT 2L and move the 3C into the house.
    I just got my L4 on Friday and I keep using it for the new wow factor.

arc 'aaa' in the wee hours when i have abit of night vision... otherwise inova x5t

arc 'aaa' in the wee hours when i have abit of night vision... otherwise inova x5t....

Flashaholic*

Thanks to this forum, this newbie bought an Arc LSH; and now it hangs around my neck at night, ready for whatever. But I have to admit that the Streamlight 3AA Luxeon has amazing power, and I tend to grab it if I need more throw.

Sadly, I still have to lug around the 2 million candle Vector to read the stream flow gage on the other side of the river.

When I hear the cougar rustling the salmon berries, my eyes light up and I don't need nothing but feet.

Flashaholic*

My Arc LSH-P with 2AA pack is the normal light I grab when around the house. I have mostly small lights, but if I need something more, I pick up a Pelican M6 as a "I thought I heard something in the back yard" light.

Mr. Bulk Super Baby Pin or Super LGI are the two I grab most frequently around the bunker or for short runs to the store. I have a standard Infinity with amber LED I use to check the thermostat.

Flashaholic

Mostly the Micro-illuminator, unless I need hands-free, then it's the Shorelite VX-1. Just got a MM-modified Mm*g, and that's good for more light if needed..

Area light, custom CCFT lantern.
    Nightlite, that weird little thing pictured in the MilkyCandle thread. The one that looks like electronic parts on strychnine. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Bumps in the night, 3D m*g, w/halogen or 5D.

urs, DRS the crazed.

Silver Moderator

I have a multiple approach to this. I have a lot of different lights handy around the house and pick the right tool for the job.

If I don't need much light, I grab a $1 key chain light or an ARC AAA.

If I need a little more light, I grab my PALight or EternaLight Derringer.

If I need more than that, I grab the ARC LSHF-P or my MiniMag with BB400. I also have some of ElektroLumens Blasters around and will grab them if they are handy.

For things that go bump in the night, I grab a TigerLight.

And to light up the yard, I grab the 990. I am not showing off, I am conditioning the bulb in the 990...

Tom

McLux-PR X3T / BB750 on McLux 2x123 tail.
    Nothing comes close to that.
    Nothing.
    bernhard

When I'm walking around since the L4 is in my pocket, and it has the PILA battery, I use that.

In the office I use the L4 or the Lambda Illuminator (with lithium AAs)

In the middle of the night, I have a red LED UKE 2AAA by my bed, but I also have a 6D mag with new Xenon lamp, a 3C SL ProPolymer LED and a G2 with KL-3 LED head.

For things that go bump outside my office at home (it has a patio door) I usually grab my TL-3 Xenon.

When traveling, my L6 is on the night table.

Cheers,

Richard

Flashaholic*

If it is something in the yard I grab my 1,000,000 Vector. No use playing around, just LIGHT IT UP!!!!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]
    If I'm up in the middle of the night I have my Moon-glo ball. Soothing blue light, doesn't bug anyone.

Blades

Flashaholic*

The light that gets the most use is a MiniMag with a BB750 Lux3 TVOK/ Fraen LP/ mineral glass lens/ Kroll/ NiMh.

I use a ARC AAA Red for moving around the bedroom without waking up my wife.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast