What's your "grab" light?

Mark_Larson

Enlightened
What\'s your \"grab\" light?

EDC is nice and all, but often there tends to be one specific light that you always end up using when there's a need in the house or whatever. I don't have a backyard or lawn, so most of my needs are the "Dang, i don't want to hit the switch, i'll just grab a torch", or "Let's have a little more light here" type.

Anyway, my favorite is my Minimag with BB400. Plenty bright, and depending on what reflector/optic is in there, i get flood, spot/flood, or largish spot. (McFlood, NX-05/Minimag reflector, NX-01)

This suits my needs around the house very well and is a handy form factor.

What light fits your needs around the house like a glove?

Sometimes when i need to put the light out there, i grab my spotlight. But that's leaning towards the show-offish side /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: What\'s your

my favorite around the house light right now is the Streamlight 3AA luxeon.. course my around the house light is actually an around the *apartment* light, so it's the perfect amount of light for everything from taking the trash to the dumpster to looking in my cat's ears..

a close 2nd comes from the Arc LSL with the 1X123 powerpack.. it's so small i can set it somewhere handy without it looking cluttery and messy..
it's a decoration in itself. *lol*

Quasar

Newly Enlightened

My new Streamlight TT-2L. I'm pretty impressed with how useful the LED mode is. The xenon mode can be used pretty sparingly, but definitely good to have when more brightness and throw are needed.

B@rt

Flashaholic

I EDC a McLux, but my most used light still is my Lambda Illuminator, due to its capability to use NiMHa's ; It is used every night while walking my dog. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

kaseri

Enlightened

My "go to" light is a McLux PR-T-BB611 head running a Luxeon III led with a bead blasted reflector, hosted on a McLux 1x123 (EN) plated battery pack. It doesn't have a ton of throw but it is the most beautiful flood beam you have ever seen.

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: What\'s your \'\'grab\'\' light?

Mine tends to be the newest light ive got. Right now its the ARC4+...what a fantastic little light! Its got the best beam of any light i own with a 1" diameter. Very tight spot, with a large useful spill.

Dukester

Flashlight Enthusiast

For around the house I use a plain ole' unmodded 'AA' MiniMag running on NiMH's. If I grab wood off the woodpile or go into the garage I grab the TT-3C or Stinger XT HP. When I run the dogs lately I have been using my SL-35X. Besides the NiCAD Stick that came with it I also have x5 9amp D-Cell NiMH's that work out just fine, gives exceptional runtime!

Dave

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast

Fix the leaky pipe- SL 4AA7LED
Go to the John-CMG Infinity Ultra
Bumps in the night-SL TL-3 Xenon

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: What\'s your \"grab\" light?

My go to light around the house is my L4, if I'm looking for a specific item, otherwise its a CMG ultra g. I can lay it parallel to the handle of my walker and navigate around the place without nailing every piece of furniture on the way. My ARCs are reserved for jacuzzi duty (I trust their water resistance ability)

jbroker83

Enlightened

I have changed my "go to" light many times, but I think i've found a nice one in my Streamlight 4AA LED Pro Polymer

Really like the flood of light that come out, and it's very useful for guiding my way down the stairs if I don't want to wake others up.

For things that go bump in the night, my TL-3 or Pelican M6 are preferred, and for taking walks in the neighborhood, my scorpion OR G2

JerryM

Flashlight Enthusiast

Getting up in the night - Stylus
Other - Mag 3C

Ain't that awful?

Jerry

Ralf

Enlightened

For me as well a
Mini Mag modded with BB400/Kroll and a double Barrel
wrap ... I use it mainly around the house. Normal EDC
is ARC AAA and SF E2E ...

cheers
Ralf

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast

That is an easy one!
The "go to" light for my family is the Elektrolumens Anglelux 2D anglehead military flashlight. It will stand on it's tail, can clip to a vest or belt, has a ring in the bottom for tieing to trees, is waterproof and runs for over 24 hours on 2 D cells. It is very bright, regulated and has a wide beam with decent throw. It is large enough and with camo, easy enough to see so not to lose.
If I need dim light, the ArcAA is on the keychain.

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast

Arc AAA in the house in the "wee" hours. AA MiniM*g BB 400/Kroll in house and walks in dark woods with the dogs. Scorpion for bumps and may accompany the BB outside.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic

30-days ago, my go-to light was an LSH-P. Now it's an Arc4. If additional lighting is needed, it's either an L4, L5 or A2, depending on the need. If that's not good enough, it's the UltraStinger or supercharged 2C-Mag. If I really need to light up the night, it's the M6.... SureFire M6 that is.

DBrier

Enlightened

I like my TT 3C for around the house duty. It is in my car glovebox right now, but I keep going out to get it. I plan to replace it with a TT 2L and move the 3C into the house.
I just got my L4 on Friday and I keep using it for the new wow factor.

Shadows

Newly Enlightened

arc 'aaa' in the wee hours when i have abit of night vision... otherwise inova x5t