New EDC edition....Halloween Orange BEAST

SVT-ROY

Enlightened
So I finally grabbed a nifty utx70. Very fun little bugger. Standard BIC and halo 5 for size reference. Anyone rocking one of these engineering marvels?

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dang dude, that is not a knife! That is a sword! lol Have you seen the crazy big ones that are like 3 feet long? Check out youtube for some entertainment.

SVT-ROY

Enlightened
Last edited:

1DaveN

Enlightened
Please have mercy on me as I express my ignorance. That orange one caught my eye because it's a great looking knife. I try to search it and the first thing I notice is that they have a blade length of about 2.5 inches - a size I looked for, until I gave up and kept my $12 Gerber (which has outlasted its cost by many years). The second thing I notice is that it costs at least 4x what I'd expect for a knife this size. Can someone please enlighten me as to what makes it so much more expensive than even high priced competitors?

SVT-ROY

Enlightened
I agree the price is unreal for the size eeekkk. There is no competition is why I assume these sell out quite fast and demand so much. The larger ultratech is only a few dollars more, and 5x the materials. Kind of like a 500 dollar titanium light when my 175 dollar SF backup will do anything they can do, even run rcr123s...

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
1DaveN: Keep in mind, some of these knives are Automatics, AKA Switch Blades. That one feature can have a major impact on prices too.

1DaveN

Enlightened
Thanks, good point. And I'm trying to avoid automatics. Benchmade makes one I've been wanting for a while, but apparently here in NY, they can impute criminal intent simply from possession of an automatic. I don't know why my pocket knife would ever come to the attention of law enforcement, but having an automatic seems like needlessly inviting trouble.

SVT-ROY

Enlightened
1DaveN
I'm from California and understand all to well problems an auto may cause. I suspect the major reason 95% of my blades are autos is being told I can't have them half my life. We seem to desire the taboo.
I'm very lucky to be in possibly the most knife friendly state there is. I'm blocks away from gerber. Minutes from Benchmade, CKRT, kershaw, and others I'm sure.
A few weeks ago at subway 3am or so a local LE walked in and eyeballed the halo 5 in a QD holster on my belt, yawned and ordered a sub.

Timascus373

Newly Enlightened
I didn't even know you could still get these little buggers. Does anyone know if you can still get the damascus bladed ones

SVT-ROY

Enlightened
I didn't even know you could still get these little buggers. Does anyone know if you can still get the damascus bladed ones

Damascus would be awsome. I have seen them but a few years ago. The price for one today, I'm thinking about like new navy scarab price....puke

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are some knife modders who, I think, can custom make you a Dam blade for just about any knife. Maybe one of the knife forum folks that are around here can assist you? If you are interested? I remember landing on a website where they had a bunch of "replacement" damascus blades. I was looking for a Leatherman, and they had other makes too. But, I can't remember who that was. I am not deep into knives. Don't get me wrong, I love them. But, I don't know them like flashlights. lol